Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 02 / 03 Moo-moo Trip to Izor's / Horseshoe Kelp

Default 02 / 03 Moo-moo Trip to Izor's / Horseshoe Kelp

This is a new format thta I'll be using for some reports.

I like it.. keep up the great reports JapanRon

I enjoy your reports very much, Ron. That format will work quite well, I'm sure--to the point, succinct, and fact-filled. And HOW AWFUL that you'll need to go fishing 2-3 times per week to accomplish your task. Dreadful!

I did notice a couple of dead pelicans last week must of been the storm, Great job on the plastics JR you always do a good job out there...

Hi fishbones,

Thanks. Had fun and it felt good to just go home and relax without the need to spend an hour on the computer to just put down key specifics of a trip.

JapanRon

Hi flytyingreloader,

Thank you much. Fishing trips have already gotten more fun and I have a good bit more time to fish rather than worry about taking a zillion pictures, digging out details, and such. Some will be short others longer as I will do a big profile on every 'new' boat that I ride during the year.

JapanRon

Hi hbomb,

Great job ? Actually I was skunked although I sure did have a great time. My rail buddy got the only fish caught on plastics ONLY. It was a Treefish !! Surprisingly ... they are a fairly common plastics catch ! I don't count his fish as he first put Squid on the bait as a trailer (I've coined the term 'trailer-trash' for baits to mean a swimbait that someone has put a strip of Squid on as a trailer) and the nasty Squid-stink rubs off on anything it touches !!

Await your next fishing report or shared info,

JapanRon

Hello Ron!
    Read the "SHORT REPORT" and am still delighted that you posted. Too bad on the skunk, but we all know it's gonna be a different year.
    Thanks Again & Good Luck On Your Next Outing,
    Robert

Hi Ron, Seems easier to read with less eye strain.

Are you going to go all 2010 on plastics ?
    Do you super glue your swimbaits ?

Saw a pelican hit the asphalt the other day so I stopped and backed up and watched him get up staggering then barfed a bunch of slimey stuff up.

There is a 15' to 20' Baby Grey Whale dead next to the rocks at Pier T near Sea Launch.
    Called the Port police who called the Cabrillo Marine Director who met me and she said it looked to be only a couple weeks old by it's size.
    DR

Hi murietta angler,

Thank you. I'll need to cut down the length of reports but the up-til-now usual week's worth of info will be spread out a little more.

A fishin' skunk don't mean nothin' to me !! ha ha ha If the Giant Squid hit our near-shore coastline .... gonna be lots of folks in the same boat ...... so to speak !! Are the Halibut targeted by the surf-casters safe ? Maybe not ... judging from the post on getting them at a pier !!

I ain't EVER goin' to fish Giant Squid !! Like how hard can it be to hook up something that will attack ANYTHING that swims, burrows, crawls, or flys !?! Sheeeh

For the experience .... that I can understand .... I guess !!

JapanRon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast