Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fixing and repairing broken guides on fishing poles

Default Fixing and repairing broken guides on fishing poles

I have a few rods with broken guides on them..some of them are brand new and were used once before they were damaged in transit. How can i strip these rods down before i take them to be wrapped at a store?

its a calstar 800XL......Fishbones
    Last edited by Fishbones; 02-04-2010 at 09:12 AM.

Just take it to the shop and let them remove the old guide and put the new one on.

they usually charge about $12 a guide.... but man I woulda crapped myself if that happened to me! Dayum! Good luck brotha!

Thanks for the info...i just had them wrapped and headed over on the catalina express to fish catalina island from shore and after my trip back to L.B they unloaded my gear and my rods were toast.....
    It sucked because i had got sick (flu) when there and on the way home i felt so ill when we arrived and they handed me my gear and i saw the rods were damaged i had no energy to fight or complain.
    Big fish of the trip was a 9lb calico from shore with a lot of smallers plus all the bonita you can catch....
    fishbones

You need a BAZOOKA or some type of rod carrier for trips like that.. It can get Dammmm Expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessie Hunter View Post
    You need a BAZOOKA or some type of rod carrier for trips like that.. It can get Dammmm Expensive.
    More like a bazooka to shoot the person that messed up his guides that badly!!!

Believe me Fire Ball...if i wasnt dieing from that flu and needed to be home in bed...
    i would have jumped thru the cargo hole down the convair belt and ripped some heads off.....

ive done them myself, the first time I did them I spend about $100 in supplies and guides, imagine how much it would have been if I would have taken them to a shop, it was like 6-8 rods

-bb

PM MOON he builds and wraps custom rods... he might be able to do something for you,,,, his shop is in Bellflower, Fisherman's Depot....

Are you still looking for someone to fix the guides??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast