Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Self Releasing hooks???

Default Self Releasing hooks???

I was cruising diferrent sites the other day and came by this site that sold self releasing hooks, they have a sleeve and a tag line that you pull and it is suppose to rotate the hook out of a fish mouth. The site states you can release the fish without having to net or even touch the fish. Has anybody seen these or even tried them?.

Never have seen 'em, but going barbless also does the trick. Sometimes all you have to do is give the fish slack while it's in the water for an easy release.

cool, thanks for the info DS. I didn't want to mention the name of the product ,but I guess no one has seen or herd about them. I was hopping someone could tell me the pro's and con's about these hooks. I was just intrigued about the fact of not having to net or even touch the fish to remove hook for c&r.

Yes i have seen them. They are cool, all you do is pull that sleeve and hook just pops out. Pretty cool.

I also wonder if this would work for snags ;) if it is hooked on a rock or branch or something?

I saw a video on youtube a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by RiversideTrout77 View Post
    cool, thanks for the info DS. I didn't want to mention the name of the product ,but I guess no one has seen or herd about them. I was hopping someone could tell me the pro's and con's about these hooks. I was just intrigued about the fact of not having to net or even touch the fish to remove hook for c&r.
    why do you not want to mention the product name?

http://www.sheltonproducts.com/newcirclehook.html

I'm sure these are the hooks you've seen on the internet. I've never seen them used but they seem pretty limited to bait and size.

I fish 100% barbless. I grind not pinch my barbs. They come out of my arm a lot easier.

And like DS said just give them some slack and they'll usually come off.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying View Post
    http://www.sheltonproducts.com/newcirclehook.html

I'm sure these are the hooks you've seen on the internet. I've never seen them used but they seem pretty limited to bait and size.

I fish 100% barbless. I grind not pinch my barbs. They come out of my arm a lot easier.

And like DS said just give them some slack and they'll usually come off.
    Thanks for info