Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2/2 @ Aliso Beach

Default 2/2 @ Aliso Beach

Well,
    I have a job over in Ranch Santa Margarita, so that meant to bring my rods with me....
    After arriving at the jobsite at 6:00 and getting my guy all set-up, I took off down Oso Pkwy, South on the 5, to Crown Valley Pkwy and down to Aliso Beach.
    I arrived at 6:50 to beautiful conditions like this;

and this;

The report when I left at 4:00 this morning said 10-11 foot surf. I don't think so!!It was the best conditions I have seen in over a month. I grabbed my little Sedona 750 with 6 lb. test, 2" grubbs in motor oil and a #6 hook.
    After casting for about 1/2 an hour and no bites I looked North and I seen 4 pelicans diving in the water, about 30-40 feet from shore and 100 yards from me... I aint no dummy, I headed over there and within 5 casts I had my first perch of the day;

Awesome, skunk off early today... I was thanking The Lord immediately!!
    The pelicans started to move off but I stayed in the general area between the creek and the first rocks just North off there.
    After another 20 minutes I get hit again;

this one was a little larger.

I decided to switch up to an LC 110 in Metallic Sardine. I casted and casted and casted but no love with the hardbait...
    By this time it was around 9:30 and I started to get a bunch of work related calls. So I went back to my truck and threw my backpack and bigger rod and reel into the back of the truck and made some calls.
    After I finished my calls I was talking for a few minutes with a couple of Moms who were walking their dogs and they asked if I caught anything, I said I could show them and flipped open my phone and let them see the pics of the 2 fish I caught. We talked for a few more minutes and then I said I needed to get back to fishing cause I couldn't stay long....
    Right after I cast out, I get a text from NoobSaBass, saying let's get out and do some surf fishing...I texted back a picture of one of the fish... He instantly calls me and ask where I'm at and says we'll get out together next time...
    I ended up staying for another hour and fifteen mintues and caught 2 more perch, but no pics cause my phone was dying from not charging it the night before and I had a few calls to make so I could make some money..

All in all, it was a Beautiful and Blessed morning and I thank God for giving me the opportunity to get out there and enjoy myself for a few hours....

Take Care All,
    Robert

p.s. Sorry the first 2 pics are blurry, it was a little cold when I got there.

Nice report Robert... Wish i was still living down there so i can do the surf fishing thing as much as i used to. Have you tried using ghost shrimp?

Victor,

I've never tried ghost shrimp. I don't even know where to buy it?!

I just read your report and I'm wayyyy jealous!!!

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Well,
    After arriving at the jobsite at 6:00 and getting my guy all set-up, I took off
    Best way to fish is while your making money
    Thanks for the report! 10' surf
    DR

I dunno about down aouth but PCH and Seal Beach Blvd, Big Fish ? they have them.
    Also Pauls Bait and Tackle in San Pedro on Pacific too.
    DR

I just about forgot about that beach. In the 1970's I would fish off the rocks to the left and get a variety of nice fish.

perch are better than a skunk dude. man your every where

gotta love those poptart perch.....nice job....good bye skunk....

Victor,

I just read your report and I'm wayyyy jealous!!!
    pauls bait in pedro is the best place to get ghost shrimp,prices are very reasonable.way to go and beat that skunk.

Good way to get the skunk off robert nicely done, oh yeah nice job those mil*s lol.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast