Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Dan's Custom Rods

Default Dan's Custom Rods

Hey guys,

I just recently accquired a couple reels from someone, and he threw in the rods as part of a deal. They are Dan's Custom Rods, with roller guides, wrapped from Calstar blanks BT655XH, 40-60# Assuming that they are in decent 8/10 condition, how much should i expect to fetch for them if i decide to sell them? I know the blanks themselves are worth about $80, and i know that Dan's Custom Rods are popular (the wrap and finish quality looks top grade), and that they're local, but i just can't seem to dig up more info than that. any input would be appreciated!

Andrew

Last edited by fish_sauce; 02-03-2010 at 07:22 PM.

Dan does Excellent work on rods... I have a Custom Wrapped Trout rod from him !!

The price on used rods is subjective. You will have to research the particular model blank. A lot depends on Blank, length, weight etc etc.

If they have a personalized name (like mine) the value drops a lot also....

Thanks for the input Nessie, I might just end up keeping these rods...they are beautifully wrapped!