Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: trouble with the monark!

Default trouble with the monark!

we'll i thought i finally fixed the monark got all the gunk out of the gas tank,took her out and had great day about 3 weeks ago.we'll i wanted to take it out this sat but had trouble.it seemed like she was'nt gettin any fuel.i put a fuel filter just in case we left anything in the tank.so we started out fine and then it stalled on me.i checked primar it was full and i pulled filter out of motor and it was clean,i pumped the primar and the line was clear it pumped gas.but it seems the motor is'nt gettin any fuel it would start and idle real low then stall.i waited about 10 mins started it back up and it would idle fine then it would drop rpms and then stall again.wondering if i need new fuel pump.i tried to pump primer while it was idling but bulb was hard,also do you think i might of flooded it?any help would be appreciated.

Run the motor at your house,with rabbit ears or water tank.... then use a spray bottle and spray it on the fuel pump, see if you see any bubbles or anything other than the water just running off....

If you notice the water you sprayed bubbling, try taking off the Fuel Pump and check the gasket in the back, might be torn and pressure may be escaping,,,

did you make sure the air vent on tank was open and not cloged.

Try what Hometown suggested first.
    Do you think last weeks storm had any thing to do with the motor? Water may have gotten into it?
    If the fuel line is ok then follow the fuel flow to the pump.
    Check for any leaks like Geordy suggested.
    If that also pans out, continue to follow the fuel flow.
    If it doesnt, then remove the fuel pump and repair or replace any parts as needed.
    Check the fuel injectors and the carburetor also.

i think i might have found the problem,when i fixed it ,it ran great.after the storm i think i got water in my tank.when i removed the sender unit,or what was left of it after it eroded.i didnt replace the gasket that the sender unit has,so i bought new float,and water fuel seperater,also the mechanic also told me he has some stuff that i put into the tank and it dissolves the water thats in the tank ,so the motor is capable of burning the water.when i run it.so i hope this isthe problem,i really dont want to have the boat place repair it.it cost an arm and a leg.when iseen 110 dollars for an hour of labor.i was kinda shocked.so better learn how to do the basics.or be screwed,at the mechanics.

I hope you were able to fix it. If you can't get the answers here, I use iboats.com. The forums have master mechanics that answer all sorts of things like that so you can save money trouble shootiing and fixing whatever you can. They have very very nice and helpful for my last two boats. First do a search of the site for a similar questions. I actually found alot about my motor from other existing posts. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by MAVERICK27 View Post
    I hope you were able to fix it. If you can't get the answers here, I use iboats.com. The forums have master mechanics that answer all sorts of things like that so you can save money trouble shootiing and fixing whatever you can. They have very very nice and helpful for my last two boats. First do a search of the site for a similar questions. I actually found alot about my motor from other existing posts. Good luck!
    yeah i went on there and they are very helpfull.he asked if there was rain here,and i told him yeah,so they said try what i posted i was gonna do,as water fuel separater ,fix my sending unit,and they have some chemicals to break down the water so it will burn when i run it.i hope it works.