Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad Boyz in San Felipe, Mex 1/28-1/31

Quote Originally Posted by victor101 View Post
    I guess we did luck out with the clean cop. The funny thing is I was watching my speed most of the time. They had that speed trap setup right where i got distracted.
    Does that mean they setup the speed trap right behind the stripclub?

Quote Originally Posted by Odium View Post
    Does that mean they setup the speed trap right behind the stripclub?
    stripclub? wha?

LOL I can see Cheech out front trying to get customers. Come on in we got .....

Looks like some fun times . What foodf pics. you have up look Great . Looking forward to the others . Great read & pics. Thanks for the report .

What a adventure , S.F. is a cool place to relax with good freinds . GREAT REPORT .

I didnt know the inshore fishing in the San Felipe was productive,I though it was all wiped out. Also how long did it take u guys by boat to get to the islands and how much ? I love San Felipe and the rest of Baja,its like the Wild West. Those mariscos look fire man ! Anyways looks like you had a good time down there and hope u didnt get sucked into the Iguana too hard(been there before after a couple tecates and mezcal).

Great job vic and jason! Just read this while dropping a dookie and almost forgot to wipe my ***.. good job guys!

Very nice detailed report,great pics aswell!..although the transitions there is to close for comfort for me, once you got there it looked awsome..
    Great work on the yellows and the rest of the species.
    Q/ Do you guys take your good gear there,or take spare gear in fear of getting it confiscated?
    Also if you don't mind me asking,what was cost of the hired pangas and the hotel?
    Thanks,Noah

Quote Originally Posted by cappo View Post
    LOL I can see Cheech out front trying to get customers. Come on in we got .....
    LOL...with the shades on...

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    Looks like some fun times . What foodf pics. you have up look Great . Looking forward to the others . Great read & pics. Thanks for the report .
    Thanks TM...Oz should post the rest of the pics any minuite now...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by diamondbear View Post
    What a adventure , S.F. is a cool place to relax with good freinds . GREAT REPORT .
    Thanks. I was worried it would be too fast paced down there like Ensenada or TJ...but it was perfect. Loved it down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Loye View Post
    I didnt know the inshore fishing in the San Felipe was productive,I though it was all wiped out. Also how long did it take u guys by boat to get to the islands and how much ? I love San Felipe and the rest of Baja,its like the Wild West. Those mariscos look fire man ! Anyways looks like you had a good time down there and hope u didnt get sucked into the Iguana too hard(been there before after a couple tecates and mezcal).
    It took about 45mins or so to get to the first Island. We ended up going all the way to the last Island, that took about 15-20 mins more. We ended up fishing all 7 islands including la lobera. Hundreds of sea lions hanging around the island. I always look forward to fishing baja. Not just for the fishing but for the adventure. La Iguana....lets just say what happens in SF stays in SF LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63power View Post
    Great job vic and jason! Just read this while dropping a dookie and almost forgot to wipe my ***.. good job guys!
    Thanks man...writing the report is half the fun for me LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by lngbchfnhnter View Post
    Very nice detailed report,great pics aswell!..although the transitions there is to close for comfort for me, once you got there it looked awsome..
    Great work on the yellows and the rest of the species.
    Q/ Do you guys take your good gear there,or take spare gear in fear of getting it confiscated?
    Also if you don't mind me asking,what was cost of the hired pangas and the hotel?
    Thanks,Noah
    We take our own gear down there. I dont have any backup gear and im not really afraid of getting it confiscated. On the way down i have all my reels in my luggage with my clothes wrapped around them. The only times ive heard of people getting their gear taken away down there is when they get caught fishing without a fishing license. Im more cautious when im on the cattle boats with 70 people onboard. Ive caught people using my gear because they birdsnested their own. Ive also grabbed one of my rods off the rack with a birdsnest already in it. Havent had anything stolen yet... Some others arent as lucky.

The first day was $80 for an inshore half day trip... A full day trip at the islands will run around $300. The hotel was $56 a night, but you can find cheaper. I saw some advertise rooms for $400 pesos, which is around $34 US.

Like Sansou said before, Baja isnt for everyone. I can see how driving up to a bunch of military guys with automatics can make someone nervous. Its the way you handle the situation. If i was a DI$@ to those guys, Im sure we would of gotten into a little more trouble...

Looked like a fantastic trip guys, thanks for sharing....loved all the pics!

TD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast