Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bad Boyz in San Felipe, Mex 1/28-1/31

Oz did you get your meat spun by the military? hahaha jk.

You spin me right round, baby
    right round like a record, baby
    Right round round round

Love Baja but been a little sketchy about going down to sf or bay of la with all the reports of people getting wacked by the drug thugs these past two years. Whats the drive time to sf from Los Angeles ?

Quote Originally Posted by tpfishnfool View Post
    Love Baja but been a little sketchy about going down to sf or bay of la with all the reports of people getting wacked by the drug thugs these past two years. Whats the drive time to sf from Los Angeles ?
    Drive time is around 4 hours to get to the border in Calexico...after that its a straight shot to SF. 2 1/2 hours more. It can take longer on the way back depending on the wait at the border. I dont worry too much about "gettin wacked". I try not to put myself in a situation where It could happen to me. Follow the rules and stay safe. Not saying it could NEVER happen to me... We have crime everywhere. Ive heard more gunshots visiting my family in LA than I have in Baja(so far none).

Here are some Basic driving tips from bajabound.com

-Make sure your registration and driver's license are valid. Your vehicle can be impounded if these are not current.
    -Purchase Mexican insurance or check to make sure your insurance is up to date.
    -Make two copies of your Mexican insurance certificate; one to keep on your person and one to keep in the vehicle.
    -Make a copy of your vehicle registration and keep the copy in your vehicle and the original on your person. In case the vehicle is stolen, it will facilitate proving ownership.

Driving & Safety Tips

-Traffic violation laws vary from state to state.
    -Remember you may request a written ticket from police officers in Tijuana, Rosarito, Ensenada and Mexicali and mail your fine from the U.S. More info...
    -Speed limits are stated in kilometers (1 mile = 1.6 kilometers).
    -Yellow lights are a signal to stop, not just to slow down.
    -You can get a citation for taking a right on red although you will see many drivers doing it anyway.
    -In many cases, the "fast lane" is a passing lane only. You should move back over into the slow lane once you pass someone.
    -Lanes can merge much quicker (with not much time to merge).
    -Construction sites can come upon you suddenly with little warning.
    -Using a cell phone while driving is a traffic violation in Baja California.
    -Watch for cross walks, in many areas pedestrians have the right-of-way.
    -Driving boundaries or "comfort zones" are smaller, people will drive closer.
    -Take notice of the vehicle's brake lights in front of you, many times they do not function.
    -Vigilance of the roads is necessary to avoid animals, people, and other obstacles.
    -It is wise to avoid driving at night.
    -If you need any kind of assistance while on a trip in Baja (North), call the Baja California Secretary of Tourism's Tourist Assistance Hotline at 078, from 8am to 8pm M-F; 9am - 1pm Sat, Sun. They will be able to direct you to the assistance you require.

Very Nice. I have not been back there for a good 15+ years. Doesnt look like it changed much. I am surprised you guys didnt catch any triggerfish, white seabass, and gaint croakers. I am even more surprised you guys caught yellowtail. Heard there is some saltwater catfish who adapted to ocean because of the inflow from the Colorado river. I never caught any, but heard they are there. Maybe a myth or people lieing to me cause I am chino in Mexico.

nice. if you guys ever wana take some peeps agian, i am first in lline bro

Nice report homie....glad you guys got some fish.....

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    Nice report homie....glad you guys got some fish.....
    Damn GD is back!!! Whatcha

Quote Originally Posted by lalo56 View Post
    Damn GD is back!!! Whatcha
    LMAO....sup Mighty Bull!!

GD

Real sweet post !! I'm looking forward to this year trip myself. I have never seen that tide so low like that. Thanks for the reflection.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234