Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does a regular cheeseburger tast soo good on a sport boat?

Default Why does a regular cheeseburger tast soo good on a sport boat?

Drueling mouths want to know. lol

Well think about it this way, on an average fishing trip how often do you get to eat hot food? For me, rarely if ever. Charter trips pop to mind, otherwise it's chips, cold sandwiches and beer.

I have a theory about why food tastes better when your out on sport boat, or near the salt water. In cooking salt in a flavor enhancer, taking this in consideration if you are on the water theoretically that salt content in the air should be higher than if you are inland let's say. That's why you see bbq's, and bikes near the beach rusted up. So when you are eating the moisture and salt in the air make food more flavorful...that's my theory.....

Its the fresh air. Same deal up in the trees.. Fresh air and appitite goes through the roof !

its one of the mysteries of the world like whAt the 10 wonder of the world

Same reason a margarita or a Corona taste 3 times as good when you're drinking it on the stone patio of the Hotel Colorada on the east cape overlooking the Sea of Cortez while the roosterfish rip up the surface.
    Best burgers I've ever had were after weeklong raft/river trips,my first stop after takeouts.

its the fishermans way...cheeseburgers especially cooked on the boat...when i was a kid i would fish the islander and these two cooks greg & danny use to cooked up this chicken sandwich that was to die for...i swear i ate 5 of those things one day.....

Maybe all the extra grease and fat they use?
    Once I had a BLT and it had so much grease I could not finish it, lol.

Definately the salt!!
    When I take a bite and kinda lick my finger, the extra salt is the kicker......hold the cheese for me though!

Its kinda like a regular looking girl out on a boat, by the end of the trip she looks like Megan Fox.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast