Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: trout fishing after rain

Default trout fishing after rain

Hello all,

just wondering if trout fishing is any good after it rains? arethey deeper or shallower waters? .... any information would help. Thanks!

The depth ranges are normally the same. I found that using scent when the water is murky after the rain is very helpful. Also if using powerbait using the one that contains the sparkles is also helpful. Generally I found that short leaders works well. Plus night crawlers tend to be a good bait to use after the rain as well. Trolling generally is not so well if the water is cloudy or murky and you will want to stay away from that.

In my experience, trout fishing after it rains is generally BTWOT--Big Time Waste Of Time. Everybody answering your question will give you the best advice available--short leaders, nightcrawlers, and various fish scents. I have used this advice, but at the end of the day--after you wind up with an empty stringer and eyestrain from watching the tip of your rod not move at all--the obvious becomes even more obvious--muddy water and troutfishing is--as the Brits say, a bit dodgy.

ive had great luck during and after it rains. the water might be a bit more murkey but theres generaly more oxygen in the water and they tend to move around a bit more. just adjust for water clarity and you should be fine. and for the record i dont use sent 90% of the time and i only fish plastic.

There are two great times to fish: when it's raining and when it ain't.