Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Hello all new member and some questions about the Aqueduct.

Default Hello all new member and some questions about the Aqueduct.

Hi all,

I have been lurking for a month or so researching the vast amount of information about Striper fishing in the aqueduct around the Taft or Bakersfield area. Some old football buddies of mine are interested about fishing the duct. I have no idea where we can stay overnight or two around the duct area. One of my friends has an Airstream that he will tow. The others may tent camp. Any ideas or campsites or RV parks in the general vicinity?

If you have any other tips or ideas to give our fishing trip a good start, please chime in. I found some excellent posts about techniques and locations. I am just a little confused about where 6-8 guys might be able to stay. Not one of us has caught a fish out of the duct. Since this is my idea and I prodded the others, I need all the help I can get. I guess you can say that my butt is on the hook, if we strike out.

We all have fishing experience, we are just duct newbies.

Thanks in advance....Dan - San Diego

Hey,Welcome, Welll if your in San Diego I Wuldnt waste my time at the aqueduct..If i were you ill go to the coachella chanel,,near Salton Sea..Or just go to Salton Sea..Aqueduct has no bites..Some people catch some striper...But only if the gates are open and if your lucky..But aqueduct summer fishing u will have better luck...But idk about camping at the aqueduct..never did it But thanks for the Post,and Good luck

Team Castin,

IMHO... I don't think it's a waste of time at all as long as you and your friends are enjoying yourself. That's what the main thing about fishing is. Unless, catching is your #1 priority than yeah don't go. You can still catch stripers when there is no water movement. They still have to feed. I don't know if they allow you to camp at the aqueduct but there are designated area on the duct that has big parking lot to fit trailers. Those might be your best chance if you want to camp by the duct. However can fish the duct all night. But don't know about the trailer deal.

This is from Sansou a while back.
    http://www.water.ca.gov/pubs/swp/fis...hingswpeng.pdf

Page 5 list some designated fishing area.