Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Check this out

Default Check this out

The idea is you stuff then end with carp dough, stick the hooks into the dough, cover the hooks with more dough, and toss it in the shallow water and wait.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carp Killler.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	20371  

2. Default

Yeah, I need to get one of those. Alot of Euro guys use them, I've seen people catch carp with them (put a chunk of spam in the wire). Where did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Yeah, I need to get one of those. Alot of Euro guys use them, I've seen people catch carp with them (put a chunk of spam in the wire). Where did you get?
    I can tell you where I got it, but I am not sure it's even legal. My local fishing store told me they can't carry it for just that reason. Let me put it this way, the shop where I bought this has a blue ad on this board with a tuna and his initials are BS. I think you can buy them in Monterey Park or any fishing store that primarily caters to asian anglers. This particular beauty was made in Vietnam, and the label is in Korean. Hope that helps.

Thanks, BabyKiller. I was going by what the guy at the store told me. It's all new and pretty weird to me, but his explanation made sense, too. Carp are suckers alright.

Wow--doesn't sound legal to me. And I know who BS is and I would think that BS would know better. Maybe it is legal. Heck--I'm going there tomorrow, so I reckon I will ask them in person!

search "spod" and "method feeder" these things have been around forever in England. Easy make at home too.

Quote Originally Posted by breeze71 View Post
    search "spod" and "method feeder" these things have been around forever in England. Easy make at home too.
    I had been looking at this thing thinking it is just like chumming. If the hook is in the bait like in the "method feeder", that would make it legal...just as long as it only has a maximum of three hooks. This one has six, which I am pretty sure would be out of line.

8. Default

It's not chumming if's on the line. It's not like you are throwing out handfuls of food (chumming), instead you are casting out a definite rig. If the bait comes off, oh well, hope it doesn't attract fish ;)

ive seen those at a korean tackle shop in vermont.... havent gone there in years, i wanna see if theyre still in business! lol they had some sick hooks and misc kdm gear? lol