Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crowley..4th of jul

Default crowley..4th of jul

went up to the eastern sierras for 4th of julyweek..over all, pretty successful trip. i say "pretty successful" and not "freakin awesome" cuz the weather was blazing (since im not used to this 85+ degree weather) and 2 flat tires. yes, TWO. one on the trailer and the other on the truck. stupid road construction. anyways, fished mostly crowley but went to george, mary and convict. tons a 12-14 inchers in crowley but pulled out some big ones. i think the catch ration was 15:1. 15 small ones for every 1 nice sizer :D at george, mary and convict, we mostly caught on lures. im not a big fan of bait fishing..i have a hard time just watching my rod. but at crowley, they were hitting pretty much everything. lures, worms, bait, midges. the bigger ones were caught on worms and lures. midging and bait produced smaller ones for some reason. and the perch bite was crazy good. some guy said he caught like 50+. how true that is i dunno.
    here are a few pics of the bigger ones we caught...enjoy.

my cousin..3.8 lb rainbow

my bro..2.5 lb brown - weird shaped, dunno what happened to it

my pops..4.2 lb rainbow - first big one of the trip

my cousin - perch..all pretty much this size, 9-10 inchers

my bro..4.1 lb rainbow - .1 lb smaller than my dads..hilarious

saw this dude at george..instead of running and screaming like lil girls, we got closer and took pictures and kept fishing haha

the fires in independence, they were all put out but still a lil smokey. what a sad sight. props to all the firefighters that helped out.

last but not least, the one that made my trip well worth it..even with the 2 flat tires, fires in independence and agua dulce, blazing heat...my 6.7 lb rainbow

til next time...

wow, great pics, great fish! lucky!

Nice looking fish, even the Freaky Brown looks pretty good.

One_Leg

ahh mann i saw u at george on 4th on july in the evening when the bear was coming around. i think ive seen you around torrance from like FOR and stuff like that..for got ur name tho.

anyways nice fishing

Default What test did you use?

I can never bring those large ones in on my 2 lb test. Yet everyone says to use 2. Any suggestions?
    Nice pics. Did you stay for the fireworks that night at Crowley?
    Did that Bear have 2 cubs with her? If so, it was the same ones we ran into (rather ran into us) at Lake Mary. :lol:
    Sorry for all the questions.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FishnSierra
    ahh mann i saw u at george on 4th on july in the evening when the bear was coming around. i think ive seen you around torrance from like FOR and stuff like that..for got ur name tho.

anyways nice fishing
    yea yea i remember you from george. my names mike btw. whats yours?

I can never bring those large ones in on my 2 lb test. Yet everyone says to use 2. Any suggestions?
    Nice pics. Did you stay for the fireworks that night at Crowley?
    Did that Bear have 2 cubs with her? If so, it was the same ones we ran into (rather ran into us) at Lake Mary.
    Sorry for all the questions.
    Thanks
    haha no worries. i usually use 4 lb test p line. imo, 4 lb works fine for me. 2 lb kinda scares me haha. i stayed for the fireworks 2 years ago. and it was CROWDED! and since ive seen it once, i dont really need to fight the crowd to see it again :D as for the bear, i only saw one. [/quote]

bryce. did u graduate from north?

do you go up there a lot during summer?

Quote Originally Posted by FishnSierra
    bryce. did u graduate from north?

do you go up there a lot during summer?
    yea i graduated in 04. what year did you graduate?

i try to go alot. whether its for a week or just the weekend. how about you?

my dads friend got a 4lb rainbow out of convict that looked just like your brown.

Quote Originally Posted by troutmagnet
    my dads friend got a 4lb rainbow out of convict that looked just like your brown.
    does anyone knows whats up with that? or how that happens?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast