Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Gear Storage - Garage

Default Gear Storage - Garage

So I will be moving into my house in a few weeks. Up until know my gear has been in closets, under the bed, on the balcony, etc of our apartment as well as my parents garage. Well the wifey said that it all gets to go in the garage.

I've got most of my stuff in bins, and the 30+ rods just around the place. So my question is, since I get to pretty much start with a clean/empty garage. Whats the best way to go about building in storage?

How do you guys store all your junk in the garage?

I have a spare room I use for that...
    BUT, if I was going to set up a garage!!!!!!

I would make Ceiling Rod holders, you can add to them as needed. Keeps them up & out of harms way. Saves a crap load of Wall Space needed for other stuff...
    1"X6" with loop at one set.. then space to next and rod end hole for the butt. You could line the ceiling (or rafters) with them if needed..
    Sort of like these at Cabelas but ceiling mounted, not wall mounted.
    http://tiny.cc/4sKOD

Reels & Terminal Tackle.. I have a unit I got at Costco about 6 yrs ago.
    Free standing (snap together) closet with shelves. Was about $60 then?? I would get a couple of those. Easy to move around, and keeps the garage dust off the good stuff..
    70" high X 34" wide..... Looks clean & neat also...

My 2 cents...........

Last edited by Nessie Hunter; 01-26-2010 at 03:00 PM.

Got a 4 shelf stand from Target and a bunch of big clear plastic bins. The bottom rack of the shelf holds all my tackle bags and one plastic bin for all my weights. Next shelf up are plastic bins that hold my reels and another bin that holds all my new terminal tackle. I have other bins for line, clothes, and misc gear. Most of the jigs that I've used but don't take with me all the time or new ones that don't have packaging on it I hang it on one side of the stand. It's a wire rack stand so I'm able to just hang the jigs on the side without issues. As for the rods, they stand up on the other side of the rack.

Not the best way or prettiest way for me but it get's the job done in the little space that I have. Hopefully when I get a bigger house I'll have more room in the garage to store my gear a little better.

I couldn't find the one I'm using ... but I know it came from BPS or Cabs ... it has a handle on hit and can sit on the floor or hang on the wall. I just pick it up and carry it down to the water ... if you don't mind a stare or two ... some people want to know where I got it ... others look at me strange with carrying so many rods. I like to have them set up in different ways ... plus, some are longer and some shorter, etc. It was easy to assemble as long as you pay attention to where you place the handle. Feel free to pm me if you have questions. I also have a set of Berkley rod holders (just heavy plastic with foam in between - 5 to 10 minutes to mount) that aren't very expensive and work fine ... seems like they were less that 15 ... also pm me if you want more help.

If ceiling works for you ... don't forget the garage door opener (lol)
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...-box.jsp.form1