Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/23/10 We Absolutely KILLED-Em today

Default 1/23/10 We Absolutely KILLED-Em today

About 10:00 this morning The wife wanted to go shopping so me and my 2 year old daughter and a buddy decided to hit up DVL to see if the storm sirred up the big boys. I was fishing my usual technique with little success untill about 2:30 when i decided to try alittle deeper, about 40-50'. Instead of the let it sit and burn trick i slow rolled the baits on the bottom and that was the trick! Landed serveral DD's with one 13.4 on the scale.... Some of you will call Bull sh*t on this but ohhhhh wellllll>>>> I hooked and had at boat side a LMB that was VERY close to 20lbs! Ive caught many, many DD'd and this bad boy made a 10lbr look like a 1lbr! I thought i had a huge striper on untill color but was wondering why i didnt get the usual spinning/ rolling that the stripers will do. I damn near fell out of the boat when i saw this beast... It looked like a damn black seabass. The fish are very lathargic right now so moving the baits slow was the trick... I sure wish the lake closed later then 4pm, I would of stayed all night. Even though i didnt get into the stripers today i would consider this my best day yet at DVL. I was wondering just how big the biggest LMB was in the lake and now i know. I wouldnt doubt if we see a 20lbr before winters end, Hopefully on one of my posts....
    I only have some cell phone pics of the days larger fish but i have to email them and post... Get some up soon.

More coming
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00058.jpg 
Views:	1279 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	20248   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00060.jpg 
Views:	1175 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	20249   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00062.jpg 
Views:	1257 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	20250   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00064.jpg 
Views:	1132 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	20251   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00067.jpg 
Views:	1215 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	20252  

Last edited by SEA ADDICTION; 01-23-2010 at 06:24 PM. Reason: pics

Steve,

Man, how many bass did you fellas catch total? What do you think the weight of your top 5 was? That would have been neat to see you get the lake record,,,,heck world record. Would have thought it would slow post storm. A lot of boats out there?

GREAT WORK!!!!!

[QUOTE=HuskerRod (rodthebod);425802]Steve,

Man, how many bass did you fellas catch total? What do you think the weight of your top 5 was? That would have been neat to see you get the lake record,,,,heck world record. Would have thought it would slow post storm. A lot of boats out there?

GREAT
    We caught 12, biggest five at least 45lbs, Not to many boats today. Let some of the biggest bass go at dock side to eat up the trout that are schooling around there.

Pretty darn good for a lifetime, let alone part of one day in a RENTAL!!!!! Looks like your daughter had enough and is ready to go home in one of those photos

Awesome job. I'm still looking for my first DD, but then again I usually hit up city park lakes instead of DVL. Looks like I might have to make the trek down there soon with all the luck you've been having. It's great that you take your daughter fishing too. I feel closer to my dad since we started a few years ago fishing, so you two will have a solid bond because of the time spent on the water. I'm looking forward to that 20lb largemouth pic!

Marc

Default No Way! I call BS!!!!!!!!

No Way! I call BS!

That kid looks photoshopped!
    You know darn well you dropped her off at the baby sitter and photoshopped her in the photo so you could get double praise from your wife for being both a great Dad and a Great Fisherman.
    Well let me be the first to say it, "You seem to be a great Dad and Fisherman"
    Congrats and I wish you many more Double Deez!
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod (rodthebod) View Post
    Pretty darn good for a lifetime, let alone part of one day in a RENTAL!!!!! Looks like your daughter had enough and is ready to go home in one of those photos
    She had got poked by a spine while trying to take a pic with the fish in her lap, Had to tell her it was a hook so she wouldnt be scared of fish.... And be more carefull with hooks..

[QUOTE=Santa Fe Eric;425817]No Way! I call BS!

That kid looks photoshopped!
    You know darn well you dropped her off at the baby sitter and photoshopped her in the photo so you could get double praise from your wife for being both a great Dad and a Great Fisherman.
    Well let me be the first to say it, "You seem to be a great Dad and Fisherman"
    Congrats and I wish you many more Double Deez!
    Eric[/QUOTE

Appreciate the kind words, I knew she was hooked when she started getting more excited then me to go fishing.... Love it>>>

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    Awesome job. I'm still looking for my first DD, but then again I usually hit up city park lakes instead of DVL. Looks like I might have to make the trek down there soon with all the luck you've been having. It's great that you take your daughter fishing too. I feel closer to my dad since we started a few years ago fishing, so you two will have a solid bond because of the time spent on the water. I'm looking forward to that 20lb largemouth pic!

Marc
    A solid bond we do have>>> Make the trip down, Find the fish and it will be worth the treck. Even if you dont get a DD there are plenty of cookie cutter 3lbrs, c-rig or drop shot. Bigger baits for the bigger fish. Bring your dad along!!!!!

its called karma....congratulations youve earned it...great job on the bucket mouths...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast