Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: reels in the rain please help

Default reels in the rain please help

hello my name is warren willis. i am some what new to fishing and ran into a problem i havent had yet. i was out of town and my wife decided to clean out the garage. in doing so she left out a few of my reels in the rain. is here any thing for me to be concrned abut? if so what do i need to do in order to restore them.. ur help will greatly appercated

just dry them well. i fish in the rain alot and never had problems. if water gets into the drag it can make it sticky. i just tighten my drag and pull so any water inbetween the discs gets pushed out. if you belive they got water inside i would take off the side plate and dry it out. maybe put some oil on the bearings just in case.

A lot depends on HOW wet they got and for how long??
    If they were in a bucket, and it filled up with the Reels inside, they are soaked inside as well as outside...
    If they were just laying on a table or?? and got rain on them, not so bad...
    Also a lot depends on what type of reels and make/model also....
    Reels designed for Saltwater have better quality S/S Anti Rust bearings...

More info please..........

hey thanks guys. i guess they sat out for about a day. and it rained hard were i live for the passes week.