Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 01/22/2010 Eisenhower report

Default 01/22/2010 Eisenhower report

tried to hit laguna today but all the gates were locked so i headed over to eisenhower for a lil bit to wet a line. all this rain has been giving me cabin fever. I was trying for the trout they stocked but they didnt want to play. i tried mulitiple jigs, d/s powerworm and splitshot power worm. as i was talking to a bass fisherman i went back to old faithfull (yellow/white mini jig) and was practicing casting when i felt a thump and set the hook. it was a big fish but fighting weired. got him to the surface and my hats off to the bass fisherman for netting it and the guy on the other side of the lake that ran over with the net. not sure of the weight but felt 10+lbs. everyone there was astonished that i cought it on a mini jig and 2lb tst but it happens all the time i told them. I was pleasantly suprized when know one asked if they could keep it. i should have trashed it but i let it go seeing as it was my first carp on a jig. What do you guys think it weighs?

Nice catch bro....LMAO a mini jig thats a first...id say 10+......and i give you CPR points too....
    Look you crossed his eyes ........
    Last edited by Fishbones; 01-22-2010 at 11:39 AM.

thanx bro. i was pretty stoked. my biggest fish on the phenix so far and the fish had no chance at escape. i was palming the spool so he couldnt pull drag and the rod just took it like a man lol. ive seen guys actualy fish for carp with mini jigs but its never happend to me untill now. also posted a pic with the jig in its face so people dont think i snaged it. not like u can see anything in that chocolate water there anyway. the sidewalk on the whole east side of the lake is under water. laguna is flooded crazy to.

BTW im 6'1" 300lbs for size comparison. im also holding it close to my body and not at arms length like most.

nice catch!

Eisenhower is over flowing wow haha

Nice job on the carp on the minijig. I actually did the exact same thing just a few weeks ago at greer. I hit up greet and carr earlier today for some trout but looks like the cormorants already got them all. They must have stocked early this week. Over 30 cormies at carr and about 15 at greer.

Nice catch. I was there this morning and didn't get a single bite. The water was back to normal levels but really stained. Others were also fishing but I didn't see anyone catching anything either.

must of been a heck of a fun fight. Can't beat a mini jig. A couple years ago I hooked a nice catfish there while throwing a yellow and white tube for trout.

9. Default

At the most, given its belly, I would say 15-20. At the most. As reference, A 26 inch one I caught weighed 14lbs, but it was a little skinny.

Very nice fish..I've tried mini jigs for them, but it's not easy. Nice catch!