Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tricks to cover alot of water from shore

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    I saw some guy at Glen Helen catch one using a remote controled toy boat. I was wondering, is that legal? Does it count as a second rod on your stamp?
    Sorry the remote control boat is illegal.
    Fishing.
    (a) It is unlawful to take or assist in the taking of any fish in or from this state, by computer-assisted remote fishing.
    (b) It is unlawful to establish or operate a computer-assisted remote fishing site for the purpose of taking any fish from or within this state.
    (c) For the purposes of this section, "computer-assisted remote fishing" means the use of a computer or any other remotely controlled device, equipment, software, or technology, to remotely control the aiming or discharge of any weapon, including, but not limited to, any firearm, bow and arrow, spear, harpoon or any
    other weapon capable of killing or injuring any fish, for the purposes of taking any fish.
    (d) For the purposes of this section, "computer-assisted remote fishing site" means any computer, internet site or web-based device or system, or other electronically operated site or system used to assist in the remote taking fish

Does that include a Humminbird SmartCast RF25?

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
    Sorry the remote control boat is illegal.
    Fishing.
    (a) It is unlawful to take or assist in the taking of any fish in or from this state, by computer-assisted remote fishing.
    (b) It is unlawful to establish or operate a computer-assisted remote fishing site for the purpose of taking any fish from or within this state.
    (c) For the purposes of this section, "computer-assisted remote fishing" means the use of a computer or any other remotely controlled device, equipment, software, or technology, to remotely control the aiming or discharge of any weapon, including, but not limited to, any firearm, bow and arrow, spear, harpoon or any
    other weapon capable of killing or injuring any fish, for the purposes of taking any fish.
    (d) For the purposes of this section, "computer-assisted remote fishing site" means any computer, internet site or web-based device or system, or other electronically operated site or system used to assist in the remote taking fish
    The remote control boat is NOT illegal according to my interpretation of the law. The purpose of this law is to give fish a fair chance at not being caught. This means not fishing from a remote site (over the internet). It also means not using a weapon to unfairly give you the advantage in hunting the fish (weapon meaning firearm, bow and arrow, spear or harpoon).

When you use a remote control boat it takes your line out and drops your lure at a distance further from the shore than you could cast. This same thing could be accomplished with a motor boat or a float tube. The fish still has the option to take the bait or not. Computer assisted remote fishing refers to you fishing an area without you actually being there.

There use to be a kid who sold these boats for ~$150 on eBay and he modified the humminbird smartcast system to achieve greater ranges.

Sawoobley: thanks for the info...when i read it..i also kinda got the same interpretation...but i will still look into it.....and continue to build my boat either way....it will just be a ninja r/c fishing boat...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave River Angler View Post
    Unfortunately, as with many other things in CA, the potato canon (Spud Gun) is illegal. Too bad. It really is a fun idea.
    Depends on what kind of Potato Gun. The normal ones useing fuel (quick start, hairspray ect) is illegal.

But if you build one that is powered by compressed air your ok.

DR

If everyone used this method the lakes would be trashed lol

Quote Originally Posted by Beeracuda211 View Post
    If everyone used this method the lakes would be trashed lol
    which method?

I like to hook a bird gently in the arse, then wait for him to swim the the middle of the lake, and yank the hook out.

:lol:

Default sling shot

i was thinking a sling shot could get it out there a ways . i think i will try it and see.

big cast a bubble works good, can float, or sink, you can add water for a lonnnnnng cast, don,t need a second reel, works great. my 02

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12