Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommend FroggToggs for Rain Gear

Default Recommend FroggToggs for Rain Gear

Since this is the Gear forum, I assume it's OK to post a recommendation for Frogg Togg rain gear.

I have a very nice breathable waterproof top that's supposedly Columbia's best jacket. (Titanium series.) Nice gift. So I went in last week to BPS to pick up a bottom to complete the rain outfit. I saw these Frogg Togg rain outfits that looks like glorified Tyvek paper and really thought they must be a gimmick. They don't feel that great or durable. However, the guy who worked there highly recommended it and said that they do not get returns on the Toggs even though they sell a lot. Since they are cheap, I thought I'd try them. Pick some up for my oldest boy and my wife too.

Well, so far, used them for Ruby Wed, and also 4+ hours of snow shoveling yesterday and can say that these are incredible performers. They are very lightweight, by the far the most breathable rain gear I've ever tried which is a big deal, very dry, AND they are low cost. After one wear, my son likes them much more than his other coats for the reasons above. I've never avoided ending up being clammy and wet when shoveling snow under any type of waterproof outfit. (The snow was still pouring down - we got 3 feet in a day) With Frogg Toggs, I stayed bone dry even though I was perspiring. The breathability is incredible.

High recommended. As to their being less durable than other coats, they are$29.99 for a fourpiece outfit (top, bottom,hat, carrying pouch) so the value is unbeatable. Reading reviews, apparently iin hot weather, there's nothing else out there that keeps one as dry and comfortable as the Toggs.

Since it doesn't rain that often in California, this may be just some of you may need.

UL

Default very interested....

I am looking for rain gear as of this point. I met you in the morning of ruby wed. when we were both speaking with dana. this was the green set up you were wearing correct? i am going to go look at bass pro today or tomorrow. i also need to get some good wadler boots, recomendations?
    JM

I agree with Ultralight, I've had a pair for a couple of years and seldom use it but it came in handy last week when i got rained on at Castaic last week. Best $30 you'll spent on raingear. I was at Basspro last night and wanted to buy a pair fro my wife, but the selection was small. May have to go online to buy some.

Jumpman, Yes, that's what I was wearing. They run 1 size large so try it out there if you want a trim fit. The $29.95 outfit is the best deal there. They have outfits up to $70 or so. The $29.95 outfit actually has the most pieces. The cap it includes is worth $10 and it make a real difference in blocking rain/snow out with the long brim. They have that set in a couple of places in the Frog Togg area so ask. It is not very obvious where they are.

Love your logo by the way - hilarious. Jordan inspired post with a fishing pole with 57 instead of 23. Wish I had thought of that....:)

UL

Sounds good. I've been looking at getting a new pair of waist waders and the Frogg Togg Hellbender waist waders are inexpensive at around $82-$90. Never heard of the company before but I figure if they make great quality rain gear, they're waders can't be bad. Any of you know much about their waders?

http://www.troutlet.com/Hellbender-B...ders-P302.aspx

I've been wondering about their waders too but no, I have no clue if they are good. Let me know if you find out.

Thanks,
    UL

thanks ultralight,
    my aunt works for bass pro corp. in missouri so i get 40% off so you better believe that i will try them out. God tip, thanks also on the logo comment i thought it was creative. I mixed my two hobbies fishing and jordans, i have over 100 pairs.

DUDE!! 100 pairs? OK, I don't normally use the word 'Dude' that often, but in your case, it was involuntary...:) Wow, that's a lot of pairs. They are nice shoes. I shied away from Nike for a while but in the end, realized that it was cheaper in the long run to get my kids Nikes on sale. They just flat out last longer than other off brands. (We picked up 5 pairs recently at $9 a pair for what is normally a $110 Nike.)

40% off is incredible. At that price, I'd be picking up lots of equipment.

UL

do you want another set? i will get them with my discount. all bass pro brand is 40% off so if there is something you want let me know within the next couple weeks.

You serious? I sure would not mind another set as I think I'll wear mine out. I often travel to places where there's rain. Perhaps I should PM you directly instead?

Thanks,
    UL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast