Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dana Point Hali

Default Dana Point Hali

Well I ment for this report to be about calicos in the kelp from a kayak but 10 min after rounding the harbor I was blown 200yards down the breakwater so I decided to go back in the harbor. Their was not much current at all but I did manange one Hali on a bassbro brand pecile lure in rainbow trout. I was casting it all over but this hali was right next to the restaraunt 8ft off the rocks. I have only been fishing trout latley in order to promote my mammothmagic trout bait and forgot how hard saltwater fish fight "man I love it."

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	halibit-1-1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	17275  

Nice looking hali

*i can see it already saltwater brand Mammoth magic errr newport magic* LOL

nice halibut. what was the final size and weight? did you end up keeping it?

Congrats! Very nice hali.

So nice I have to get out there.

Nice halibut esp since the weather has not been so good.

Bigred

Hah, funny. I was just looking at those lures at bass pro shops. I've been wanted to invest in some crankbaits without paying the LC 110 price ;p

I know I've seen a lot of guys on the surf with halibut and some type of non LC lure hanging out of their mouth so I know other stuff out there works well (but to be fair, i've seen just as many or more with LC lures dangling from their jaws).

One silly thing I've noticed is fishing with LC's people get a lot of stuff out of the surf, but when I see people fish LC Clones or just other shallow diving crankbaits I don't see them holding up anything but halis. Wonder if thats connected in some way or those people all just coincidentally didn't show or mention their other catches.

Either way ~ Good job ! Nice seeing people on the water producing.

Tight lines
    ~Rakie

Nic~e
    hali

Quote Originally Posted by cjmedina View Post
    nice halibut. what was the final size and weight? did you end up keeping it?
    I didn't even pull it out of the water, but I am guessing it was right around 20" but no clue on the weight. I love the taste of halibut "one of my favs" but I don't think I would ever keep one from dana harbor no matter how legal it was. ewuuuuuu."

Nice Hali.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast