Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a spinning reel and rod suitable for (yellowfin tuna/yellowtail)

Default Looking for a spinning reel and rod suitable for (yellowfin tuna/yellowtail)

Guys I'm looking for a spinning set up for my girlfriend for about $150 can be used and we need something durable and fast enough for battling yellowfin tunas and yellow tails. Please help out. Thanks guys.

Look at the new Shimao Baitrunner's. I think Daiwa came out with some new spinner's for the salt but they might be just a little over your budget. I saw on Charkbait that Okuma came out with some Spinner's Trio series I believe, they are around 80 bucks, might do the job but don't know really anything about them.

thanks for those suggestions. the okuma is looking like a more economical choice and the baitrunner i saw some models are about 100 bucks the baitrunnerB but i saw others are like baitrunnerD and they are about $200. Are the baitrunnerDs better versions?

Quote Originally Posted by J12 View Post
    Guys I'm looking for a spinning set up for my girlfriend for about $150 can be used and we need something durable and fast enough for battling yellowfin tunas and yellow tails. Please help out. Thanks guys.
    Go with the Shimano Baitrunner.....it is a proven reel and is one of the best spinners on the market.

I see some giant fish coming in on Spinners lately, mostly East Coast anglers..

Getting quite popular with the newer High Tech reels.

May I suggest this question at Bloody Decks (without getting in trouble here?). Lot more East Coast anglers on there that do Big Game fishing...

Quote Originally Posted by Nessie Hunter View Post
    I see some giant fish coming in on Spinners lately, mostly East Coast anglers..

Getting quite popular with the newer High Tech reels.

May I suggest this question at Bloody Decks (without getting in trouble here?). Lot more East Coast anglers on there that do Big Game fishing...
    O man I would appreciate as much advice as I can get could you ask for me on BD nessie? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by J12 View Post
    thanks for those suggestions. the okuma is looking like a more economical choice and the baitrunner i saw some models are about 100 bucks the baitrunnerB but i saw others are like baitrunnerD and they are about $200. Are the baitrunnerDs better versions?
    The baitrunner B's are the original models that was just recently discontinued to make way for the D series. The D series incorporates newer technology that shimano uses on their other lines of reels so basically it's an updated reel. Don't think you could go wrong with either one.

Unless you guys happen to run into some bruiser 50# tuna's.... then you'd better hold on

So guys I ran into an offer on craigslist Shimano baitrunner 6500B + sabre california stroker 7ft rod. ($100)Does that sound like a good deal?

If the reel's in good condition you got a nice deal there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky-Ray View Post
    If the reel's in good condition you got a nice deal there.
    thanks for the input I'm meeting up with the due on saturday so I'll see how the reel is. Also do you know if the rod is good? I've been trying to find reviews on it but it might be a tad old?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast