Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: I am a new member

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I am a new member

Hello FNN peoples,

My name is Jon McLean. I am using the nick name "Cartman" for this board. Before joining FNN I often came across FNN pages while searching for information on local lakes. I was at the back lake at Rancho Jurupa when I met an friendly guy who goes by the name of Jumpman. Jumpman recommended membership, so I went online and signed up.

I have only been fishing for a few months. Before that it had been around 25 years since I fished. I lived overseas for five years, and after returning to my hometown of Memphis, TN I lived for a year on a small farm pond. Many years before, this pond had been a pay-to-fish lake, and it was loaded with big LMB. I used to step out my back door just at daybreak and float a popper through the fog rising off the lake, and have a couple of two-pounders for breakfast. My friend caught the Tennessee state record black crappie on a 1/32 oz chartruese jig about a foot or two off the shore. Anyway, I got hooked on light and ultra-light fishing there, but after moving to California I had a hard time getting into fishing again. It was all different here.

Two or three months ago my wife talked me into giving it another shot, and again I am hooked. I am learning a lot little by little. A lot a learn from the friendly people at my local fishing store, Johhny's in Pasadena. I learn a lot by reading online, and that is the main reason I want to use FNN, but I think I learn the most from friendly fisherman. It seems every time I go out I learn more things from other fisherman. Everyone seems very friendly and eager to share.

I look forward to making friends and sharing information on FNN.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Exclamation

Welcome to the board!

Thanks for the note, 57. I think I heard that there will be a Team 57 event a Irvine soon? I'm not sure I understand the whole team 57 thing. Can you help me with that?

its anyone who buys team 57 memorabilia lol. theres alot of them.

Hey Cartman,
    Team 57 is first and foremost about family.

That's what Danas' intentions are in my book.

I've only met him once, but he was very cordial and his wife and kids are very nice people also.

Just kick back, enjoy the reports that are posted and by all means post your reports....Good or Bad...
    Robert

p.s. The get togethers are pretty fun, you should attend at least one..i.m.o.

Hi there Cartman......

Our members are made up of those who have a passion for fishing....

We like to share our information with others, tell our fishing stories and post our photos and reports right here on FISHINGNETWORK.NET

On occasion, we all get together to enjoy everything in person!

Team 57 events are legendary in the fishing community!

If fishing is your passion and friends are what you seek, I highly recommend that you join Team 57 and participate on Fishing Network.

It is truly a place for everyone with any interest in the sport of fishing.

Our t-shirts are the easiest way to identify a Team 57 member at the lake. It's always fun to spot another member while you're out fishing and strike up a conversation.

Who knows, you may meet a new lifetime fishing buddy!

There are currently many different designs of official Team 57 t-shirts, and if you fish the waters of Southern California on a regular basis, sooner or later you're going to spot someone wearing one! I guess you could say that once you have a Team 57 t-Shirt, you are formally on the team!

But remember, there are no "dues", or "fees" or any cost at all to be part of Team 57. You are never obligated in any way to purchase a t-shirt! All we ask is that you help support the Team 57 motto of "Family, Friends, Fun & Fishing".

That's what its all about.

Order your Team 57 Apparel Here:

WWW.TEAM57FISHING.COM

Follow Team 57 on Twitter:

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TEAM57FISHING

Team 57 MySpace page:

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/TEAM57FISHING

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    Hello FNN peoples,

My name is Jon McLean. I am using the nick name "Cartman" for this board. Before joining FNN I often came across FNN pages while searching for information on local lakes. I was at the back lake at Rancho Jurupa when I met an friendly guy who goes by the name of Jumpman. Jumpman recommended membership, so I went online and signed up.

I have only been fishing for a few months. Before that it had been around 25 years since I fished. I lived overseas for five years, and after returning to my hometown of Memphis, TN I lived for a year on a small farm pond. Many years before, this pond had been a pay-to-fish lake, and it was loaded with big LMB. I used to step out my back door just at daybreak and float a popper through the fog rising off the lake, and have a couple of two-pounders for breakfast. My friend caught the Tennessee state record black crappie on a 1/32 oz chartruese jig about a foot or two off the shore. Anyway, I got hooked on light and ultra-light fishing there, but after moving to California I had a hard time getting into fishing again. It was all different here.

Two or three months ago my wife talked me into giving it another shot, and again I am hooked. I am learning a lot little by little. A lot a learn from the friendly people at my local fishing store, Johhny's in Pasadena. I learn a lot by reading online, and that is the main reason I want to use FNN, but I think I learn the most from friendly fisherman. It seems every time I go out I learn more things from other fisherman. Everyone seems very friendly and eager to share.

I look forward to making friends and sharing information on FNN.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
    she sounds like a keeper jon, fishrgirl is trying to get me to slow it up a bit..i to fish rancho anytime your out there say wassup..you'll notice the blk sleepwalkers cap or some big samoan dude yelling out hunter every 5min, thats my sons name...welcome to the scene brother..

Thanks for the welcome Big Game. Were you at Jurupa Sunday morning at the end of the front lake and got one on both lines at the same time. I saw someone I thought looked like your picture online. Maybe it was you.

I got skunked both times I went to Jurupa. Once was last Thursday when they had an undeclared hurricane, and I wasn't surprised. Then my wife and dog and I camped Saturday night fishing Saturday and Sunday, and I got skunked again. Like like to say, Jurupa is a great place to fish. Not much for catching...but great for fishing.

I tried a spoon called the panther martin I think, and a silver one, and I tried power mouses and the powerbait and dip they recommended at the office, but nada. It looks like they will have good weather for the trout derby this weekend. I am tempted to go there and see what that's all about, but I reckon it will be pretty crowded. I really like the back lake because it isn't so crowded and looks like a real lake, rather than a big swimming pool, but I like Jurupa in general anyway. Nice place, nice people, nice place for fishing.

Thanks for the note.

Cartman