Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4-6# spinning bass stick

Default 4-6# spinning bass stick

Fellas...im putting together an ultra finesse rig for splitshotting, underspins, and darterheads. Ill be fishing mostly 6# fluro on a 1000 sized Stradic CI4. May drop down to 4 or 5# if need be...but rarely i would think.

I want around 7ft with light or med light action.

So far, I like the Dobyns 701SF, Line Weight: 4-10 lbs. Fast Action. ($230...a bit pricey for me)...or the Shimano Crucial Dropshot ML 4-8 Fast action (cant decide between 6'8" or 7'2"...i think extra length might be good for casting underspins). I already have a bunch of crucials and have been happy with them....

Any other suggestions or insight? Thanks

wait for the Shimano Cumulus...

Quote Originally Posted by GeordyBass View Post
    wait for the Shimano Cumulus...
    I hate that red fade and butt cap!

CRUCIAL...

I'm about to make love to mine tonight

Quote Originally Posted by That Dang Guy View Post
    I know man... Shoulda made it flat from the back and cork on the end! lmao!....

http://tackletour.com/reviewbigrock10shimano.html

The Dobyns is a great, great rod, but I'd say go for the Crucial. Man do those things feel nice for a lower-end rod. Can't go wrong with Shimano's warranty service either.

Quote Originally Posted by That Dang Guy View Post
    The red fade doesn't look too bad in real. I am not a huge fan of the cap either because I don't like holding blank on a two-handed cast. A custom rod could easily achieve that weight given the budget IMO.

Pass on the CI4 1000 and get the 2500. The 1000 doesn't set right on the 701.

I have the 701 with the CI4 2500 spooled with 5# Sugoi fluorocarbon dropshot line. It will be the last 4-6# setup you will ever need. It will fit every need you mentioned.

DVL_Local
    Last edited by DVL_Local; 01-19-2010 at 06:56 PM.

I've really grown fond of Shimano rods.. My fav's were always Fenwick but I'm really digging how these shimano rods are feeling.

I really like Shimano Clarus 7' rod, 4-12# test, 1/8 to 3/8 rods with 6# line on an Abu Cardinal. And my cheap Fenwick Venture rod, same specs but 6'6" with a Mitchell Avocet II

Good times with light line.

Try the Saros 2500. It's about the same size as the Stradic and cheaper. It's a sweet reel. I have a 2500 Stradic BTW.

thanks for the replies.

I think im going to go with with crucial.

As for the reel...Im also considering the saros (if i cant get the stradic for a deal).

I will take a look at the 2500 size, but i have fished the 1000 for this exact application and have liked it alot. Line capacity is not an issue for these presentations....just balance and comfort.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast