Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Topwater Rod Recommendations

i even use my spinning for topwater 6'8 med-light action for sammys works just fine..
    for baitcasting checkout the powell 682c..exfast action with a very softtip for longer casting..and also the imx 782 if ur budget can afford it..a killer topwater stick..gl!

i'd recommend a softer/parabolic/moderate action rod as shadow mentioned. you're gonna be running mono on that setup and you can fish just about any reaction bait on that same setup. i fish cranks/topwaters/jerkbaits on moderate action st croix avid series seven footers, the medium heavy is the one i'd get if i was only gonna have one, perfect for 3/8 to maybe 3/4 oz baits. you're gonna be able to cast all day with less fatigue and trebles should stick better.

I use a Shimano Compre crank rod "CPC-C70MB" with 10# mono. Sammy100 and Spook Jr's throw great on this rod.

DVL_local

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12