Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: !deep sea fishing!

Default !deep sea fishing!

hey everyone does anyone know where is the best landing to go to right now?i wanna catch some sand bass or some ling cod. or something worth it but no sand dab! those things are lame for me lol. i dont wanna drive somewhere far either. im down to go to newport or dana point or somewhere around there.

thanks.

best place right now would be to get on the tradition out of redondo sportfishing. Bring plenty of 1.5-2 ounce leadheads and mogambo plastics with 25-30# string.

Your probably not going to get any lings, as they are out of season right now for the area you want to fish.
    As far as the sanddabs, that is what the lings like to eat, check out Deanhalls report and look at the half eaten fish. They do like to eat squid also.
    I have to agree with Whammy. Head over to Redondo and hit up the Tradition for some great sand bass fishing.
    Good Luck,
    Robert
    Last edited by murrieta angler; 01-18-2010 at 08:47 AM. Reason: incorrect spelling

Chris and Robert are right... the sand bass fishing in the bay has been pretty stellar as of late. It's not wide open, but a decent, steady pick nonetheless. Don't hesitate in asking the crew for tips on the kind of fishing, either. It's a little tricky at first but once you get the hang of it, you'll love it. I hope to see you fishing on the Tradition sometime!

thats cool. thanks guy's. do u guys know how the special is?or does it just cost $60.00 each?

Quote Originally Posted by catfish 17 View Post
    thats cool. thanks guy's. do u guys know how the special is?or does it just cost $60.00 each?
    The Tradition has a 2 for 1 special at present on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Bring someone else fishing and you get the 2 for 1 deal. Any other day it is $60 a person.

k i was right then. thanks. how many fish do U usually catch?

Quote Originally Posted by catfish 17 View Post
    k i was right then. thanks. how many fish do U usually catch?
    We've been getting at least five around on the bass on good days (that is, multiply the number of anglers by 5, because some anglers catch more, some anglers catch less). It's been mostly sand bass, but there are a few calicos and sculpin. Generally the sculpin are a tad bit bigger while fishing the structure we have been fishing. Some days are slower than others, but that's fishing.

yeah thats true. ill probably head down there. when are you going?