Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Yo-Zuri Aile Killifish (Micro lure)

1. Default Yo-Zuri Aile Killifish (Micro lure)

Got a gift card for Bass Pro for Christmas, ended up getting this lot for just under $30:

Here's the lure I'm really stoked about. Aile Killifish, by Yo-Zuri. I think it'll be killer on the bluegills and crappie, maybe even on bass in really clear water. It wasn't cheap, but I had to get it, just looked so unique. It is 1 3/8", 1/16 oz. Absolutely tiny.

It is a floater, dives under on retrieve and has a really nice wiggle. It's definitely on the light side, I threw it on a 4lb test line, seemed to work. 2lb would work even better, would hate to lose it though.

I'm a sucker for micro lures, I have the Yo-Zuri Snap Beans, I'll probably pick u the Aile Goby next.

Anyone ever try the Killifish before?

Cool looking little bait. Reminds me of a female Guppy that's pregnant.. that gravid belly, the spots and those big eyes. Could also pass as a female Mosquito Fish. If you don't mind me asking, how much was it?

3. Default

$7.49. That's nothing if you toss $50 swimbaits all the time, but I'm mostly a plastics guy (or a cheapo $1 eBay Chinese lure guy), so this little guy was a little pricey.

Bass Pro Shops has another sweet looking micro hardbait, same aisle, right next to this Yo-Suri, I may have to get it next time I'm there. I love that store, haha.

Yes well I would use it, because it looks like it will catch fish, but get or make yourself a lure retriever. Here's a tiny Bluegill bait that I made. Gave it a baby bass color. It works great too! Super light though. You have to use 2 lb line for the best action and casting distance.