Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairmount Report-afternoon session

1. Default

Thanks for the tips everyone, if the rain isn't too bad Sunday I may try once more before exams...
    Flooded? I hope it isn't closed off this weekend...

Hey Carpanglerdude. Hit me up with a PM and I will head out there to hunt the "golden bass" with you.

I havent caught a carp in a long time. I got the corn bait ready...with the secret tortilla ingredient. Might be fun to get one at Fairmount.

3. Default

Woot! No rain (hopefully)

So I fished Fairmount for the first time. I spent most the day on the West and North side of Lake Evans.
    I didn't fish Fairmount lake or Lake Brown... (the names according to the map)

The Dexter road was closed down by the American Legion little past the tank. I parked in their lot (not sure if that was cool) and walked past the road block. The water was still trickling across the street. in places. I fished a little up there but its was so muddy it seemed pointless. The road was also closed on the other end at Dexter and Redwood.

The whole lake seemed to have really muddy water, especially the first approx 10 ft.... I guess it was from all the rain. The shores were really muddy too.

I got a few bites of the dock and by the gazebo... No fish though.

I had been told my whole life how bad fairmount was. Hobos, bums, creepy people, drugs....etc. I wasn't too bad. Would I take my family? NO..... but plenty of people did.

There was an over abundance of stupid people, screaming children, and ghetto behavior. Lot of people of all colors with no manners or common sense.

3 times I had to move because people would decide to feed to ducks literally within arm length of where I was fishing...

I'll go back...mostly because its free. I wouldn't pay to fish there. Is it better during the week?

I'll have to search on this forum and get hints for the future so to not get the skunk again :)

5. Default

Thanks for the report. Both spots I hit up today had MAJOR flooding damage and were seriously muddy. I did manage a lot of carp action, sadly none were landed. They were really active, and couldn't stay away from the bread I was using. The closest I got to landing one was a nice 2 fter that pulled drag then went airborne, throwing the hook. Haven't seen a carp jump when catching it before.

Sounds like you did better than me. I didn't see anyone catch fish today...I'm sure people did, but I never witnessed any.

I never thought about fishing for carp today. What about Catfish there?

Troudt.. Don't let the ducks bother you, they don't scare away the bass. In fact, I have caught bass right under a bunch of ducks a couple of times when I was fishing in a super clear pond. The bass don't mind ducks.

i caught some catfish there, but u gotta wait till summer cus all of them cats are gone hahah

Hey carpanglerdude, I'm sure you know how to fish for carp but if you don't mind I'd like to offer some advice. I used to fish Fairmont religiously back in the days and was strickly targeting carp and occasionally cat. The carp at fairmont are the same as many others as far as their eating habits. (They eat everything!) but they mouths are very sensitive therefore, heres my advice use as small as hook as you can- fish an open bail or baitrunner. if using an open bail just cast sat it in the pole holder and open the bail, take a small piece of tissue or napkin and twist it to the line at the very tip of the line. This will act as your strike indicator let it run all the way to the water flip the bail ], swing and hold on. Lol Like I said I'm sure you know what you're doing but just though I'd offer for those who do not. Also try good old corn tortillas they work great. Fish hard Kev

10. Default

Hey, Kev, thanks for tips, will do!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast