Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairmount Report-afternoon session

1. Default Fairmount Report-afternoon session

Fished Fairmount from 2:30-6:00pm. Weather turned sour just as I was heading out, clouds rolled in and started raining on me at 3:30. I fished Golf Course Pond first, nada, then the main lake, spent most of the time targetings the shorelines/root networks with a white spinnerbait, or a wacky-rigged worm.

Cons: No fish, not even a nibble

Pros: Did see loads of carp splashing around at dusk, as usual. I need to be more patient and just setup for carp, forget the bass thing till it warms up. I just can't stand baiting and waiting.

Also talked with a family that came to fish. They were really excited, had lots of kids and everything, talked to me about catfish and bass. Problem was, none of them had a license. They were asking me about getting licenses, how much they costs, where to buy them, etc...I usually hate it when people fish without a license, but I just told them to hit up Wal-Mart, sporting goods section. They were nice, and they weren't throwing a freakin' net (as I have seen at Fairmount before), so I didn't feel like they were deliberately trying to beat the system, just didn't know anything about the regs. Welcome to Fairmount

Nice info. At least you got out of the house and gave it I good try at that old brown pond. Yes most people are nice when you talk to them, good luck next time.

What!? No fish? Are you kidding me?...I just limited out with bass up to 5 lbs!
    No seriously, the bite has been slow and it always is slow this time of year when the water is cold. In another 2 months it will start to happen.

It's good to hear someone's still fishing Fairmont Park.

Sucks to hear about the skunk though, carpdude.

5. Default

I usually get skunked there, but something about the place brings me back.
    That, and it's the closest place for fishing without going ninja-style.

Maybe I should try more dropshot stuff there, but the water is so murky, dunno if it's worth the time.

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    I usually get skunked there, but something about the place brings me back.
    That, and it's the closest place for fishing without going ninja-style.

Maybe I should try more dropshot stuff there, but the water is so murky, dunno if it's worth the time.
    lol.

Yup, I know what you mean. I rarely catch at Peck Rd Park, but there's something about that place that pulls me back. Maybe it's the challenge.

Any crawdads in those lakes?

7. Default

Never seen one. Bottom is really silty.

Try robo worms after the rain let's up, dropshot..margarita mutilators or ox blood 4in...near trees about 8ft out on a 45degree angle with slow retrieval and a 1 to 3 twitch on every reel in..sounds like I know what I am talkin about huh? I know i'ma give it a shot on weds morning, thanx for the report dude keep em coming in at the home park bro...

I don't tell too many people how I catch bass at Fairmount, (some know) but here's is a hint. When a fish cannot see their prey because of very murky water, how do they find it? There's 3 senses bass use to find their food: vision, smell and sound or vibrations. Now take away vision, 'cause the bass in Fairmount can't see crap. What do we have left? It still takes a lot of patience and casts, but it can really pay off....

Went there today and the road was closed off, they said it was flooded.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast