Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Hesperia Lake Report 1/16/10

Default Hesperia Lake Report 1/16/10

Hello everyone,it's been a long time since i posted anything on here.But here i go with my report,good day at hesperia.

People have a bad rep on this lake,just because the water is green.
    Well the water is only green in the summer.

I wake up at 5 o clock,Get all my stuff togehter,and leave the house at 6.
    I get there at 6:30. Lines in water by 6:35.

When i first enter the lake i can see that there are about 10 cars in the parking lot..I start heading towards the lake and every single person is on the west side of the lake..But i go to my favorite part of the lake..(TheEastSide) Everyone thinks the northside is the best part of the lake..But in (my opinion) the east side is the best,so try it out next time you go there..

Anywho i bait up my 2 poles,one with corn powerbait,4 pound test and 2 pound leader.And my other pole has a Red Jig With 2 Pound test..i throw my pb pole out,a lil close to the shoreline..and then my jig about 5 feet over..im jigging jigging jigging 20 minutes and then i hear something like a bird walking on a leef,so i dont look..and about 3 minutes later it come to my mind i set my pole on the ground..so it might be my pole tugging!!!! So i look..and its halfway in the water so i pick it up..and i can tell its a trout bcuz trout have less power than a catfish or sturgon..so it feels like a decent sized trout..and i get it in the shore..net it , and one fish in the basket after about a 5 minute fight..turns out to be a 3 pound trout

Fishing and 1 hour goes by
    Still jigging and rebaited my powerbait pole
    And then

You should start applauding now
    bcuz i got a hit on my jig..
    And i hook it..
    and it HUGE..im fighting fighting fighting
    and i got it up to shore and loosen my line even more,goes all the way back to the island..so thats when everyone on the eastside of the lake starts watching my fight..bcuz the fish crossed up about 3 peoples poles..so i said sorry and im still fighting this beast 30 mintues pass..and this freaking fish is finally tired

and i get it to the shore
    and you know how sometimes the fish looks small in the water
    and it comes out to be big
    well i thout that
    and i was like this fish must be taking steroids
    but i get it out (with my hand by the way)
    And it huge just like i thot
    and everyone goes bac to fishing..and a few peole even applauded haha
    and i didnt weigh it until the end..and it turns out to be 5 pound whopper trout
    and it looks like a fresh stocker

4 hours go by and im

But by the last hour when the lake was closing, i get two bites on corn power bait,and one of them is another 3 pounder..and the other is about a 2 pound stocker..well my day went a 7 out of 10. Not my best day at this lake..Caught 4 Trout..While everyone else around me Caught about the same amount..I plan on Going to corona next week.. thanks for reading

Team Castin,
    Last edited by TEAM CASTIN; 01-18-2010 at 01:51 AM.

Thanks for the report! I thought Hesperia might be turning around a little, might have to hit it in the rain this week.

thanks for the report...so the water wasnt to green??

and u mean eastside as in were the water comes into the lake?

Quote Originally Posted by troutguy26 View Post
    thanks for the report...so the water wasnt to green??

and u mean eastside as in were the water comes into the lake?
    Um no,that is the westside of the lake..the eastside is on the other side of the island..so to go to the eastside you will have to drove all the way around to the other side when you first enter the lake..bt thanks for the comment..I apprecate it

Nice report and nice catch! I haven't been to Hesperia Lake since last summer.I've only caught a few there. Good job!
    Last edited by M@M; 01-17-2010 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TEAM CASTIN View Post
    Um no,that is the westside of the lake..the eastside is on the other side of the island..so to go to the eastside you will have to drove all the way around to the other side when you first enter the lake..bt thanks for the comment..I apprecate it
    The water "inlet" is the SOUTH end of lake..
    Water "outlet" is the NORTH end of the lake.
    Arrowhead Lake Rd runs along WEST side of lake...
    The EAST side would be the Back/far side from the road (drive or walk around).