Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Saltist 20h play in the handle?

Default Saltist 20h play in the handle?

I just ordered a new Saltist 20h and there is a little bit of play in the handle maybe 1mm or so.

It wiggles a bit right between the side plate and the star drag. Is this normal for the reel? Or should I send it back for a replacement before taking it out?

Quote Originally Posted by baloneysandwich View Post
    I just ordered a new Saltist 20h and there is a little bit of play in the handle maybe 1mm or so.

It wiggles a bit right between the side plate and the star drag. Is this normal for the reel? Or should I send it back for a replacement before taking it out?

Do you mean side to side wiggle??
    The handle shaft (main shaft), Star Drag threads on to this shaft under the handle...
    This should be tight with no side to side movement at all.. Tolerances between the roller bearing and shaft sleeve are to close to move.

I have seen several new Reels with missing parts, If the Shaft Sleeve is missing or?? It could allow for this "side to side" movement..

If you have movement in the handle (back & forth, starts to turn backwards) this is also not right, the Roller Bearing (infinite anti reverse) should allow no reverse movement.

Might take it to a tackle shop, and compare it with other Reels??
    But sounds like it may be defective????

I love my Saltist Reels. Good choice!!!

It is wiggleing from side to side, I'll take it in and see how it compares. The anti reverse is solid no play

I have some older Sealines that have a little play similar to this, but my Abu's 5500 and 7000 are tight, which is what I would have expected from a new Daiwa.

I appreciate the post Nessie and hope to see you out fishing someday.