Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: castaic bait n wait n wait n wait!

Default castaic bait n wait n wait n wait!

DATE:1/11/10 TIME 10am-2pm BAIT: crappy sardines
    LOCATION: Castaic for a few hours before the weather was to come in this weekend. I decided to just cruise and check out some spots, meter around, and see what was out there. As soon as I got there I met Dan(lowe boat), and he was very generous with his intel, only I didn't bring my winter anchor, the one with all the rope. iwithout that, I would not be able to post up at some of the honey holes..NOT GOOD! I checked the buoy line for an hour or so. SLOW. Moved to Lowe boat Dan's area to see what was happening. He had 3 or 4 boats there with him, but didn't see any bendo. I spent alot of time just looking and metering fish below 80 ft. Finally on the way out, I checked out the spot where charlie B and myself fished on 1/3. For some reason I was seeing a skunk coming on,so I had to get serious. I anchored up in 80 ft and hung there real nice. the boat next to me went bendo and landed a very nice striper. My meter was lit up very nicely, my sardines were crap. As i daydreamed about giant stripers enhaling my bait I noticed the old California rod was bendo with a shake shake to it. I pulled it out of the holder swung a bit, and proceeded to net a nice 3 lbr or so. Skunk was off!! Sat there for another hr and watched the other boat wing in another.. My time was up and i was out of there. Slow for me, i need to bring my anchor next time, very important. good luck out there
    PIC is my converted cooler to baitwell aka "Shad Motel"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0116101429-00.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	17214  
    Last edited by Fishthewhaler; 01-16-2010 at 02:51 PM.

I'm probably heading up there tomorrow. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow! A 3 lber isn't bad though. Thanks for the report! Awesome name for your baitwell, lol.

Thanks for the report, going Sunday for the pre storm bite.

Capt'n

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    I'm probably heading up there tomorrow. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow! A 3 lber isn't bad though. Thanks for the report! Awesome name for your baitwell, lol.
    Nice fish. Nothing beats a day on the water FTW.

Tomorrow should be good Fireball and Captn. It is going to rain on monday and the vacum bite theory is something I firmly believe in. Fish instinctively know when it is going to rain and gorge themselves before hand. Too bad Sundays are my saltwater cattle boat day, otherwise I be out there.

Quote Originally Posted by marzocchi View Post
    Nice fish. Nothing beats a day on the water FTW.

Tomorrow should be good Fireball. It is going to rain on monday and the vacum bite theory is something I firmly believe in. Fish instinctively know when it is going to rain and gorge themselves before hand. Too bad Sundays are my saltwater cattle boat day, otherwise I be out there.
    I believe in the vacum theory too, but I didn't know it was called that, haha.