Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check out this NPH hali...

Default Check out this NPH hali...

We caught the fish dropshotting a 5 inch jerk shad with 6# test on our tandem kayak and it was definently a team effort. I hooked the fish and fought it while my dad paddled and did a great job steering the fish away from the docks, for reference I am 5'11 190 pounds. The fish was def 30+ inches, but I did not have a tape measure so I am not sure the exact measurement. After the pic I unhooked her put her back in the water, she sat there for a split second then took off like a rocket.

The rest of the day: We fished from about 9:45-12:45 using mostly big hammers and a dropshot here and there. We each caught a halibut, and between the two of us we also caught a 5 spotties, a sandie, and a croaker. None of which were anything special so we didnt take any pics

my dad going bendo on a halibut

the fish

same fish being unhooked and released, I would guess this hali was about 15-18 inches. (it kinda looks like his fingers are in the fish's gils, there not)

Again, All fish were quickly and safely cpr'ed

peace out, Dean and Thomas (bergie berg)
    Last edited by bergie berg; 01-14-2010 at 11:33 PM.

What a great fish. Must have been a blast from your Yak! Nice job to you and Pops

Berg, nice to see you and your pops back out there. Awesome job by the both of you landing that monster hali. Didn't get to hookup on any hali's the last time I was out, but I'm hoping to hookup on my next voyage.

Very nice flattie! Those bigger ones are a blast on the light line. Good job on landing it, there are even bigger ones in there. Looked like a great day weather wise too, cant beat that!

nice going on the butt,go team work on the yak

newport harbor= good fishing....nice job...

Nice release......keep it up....5 inch jerk shad 6lb...light lining it.

Very nice, was that trip on the 14th ?

Hey Berg what hook/hook size are you using on that jerk shad?

Thx!

Nice fish they are in there but you just have to get through all the pancakes way to go on that hali.

Bigred

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast