Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NPH with the the "Spottie King from Shore"

Default NPH with the the "Spottie King from Shore"

Eddie "Hesbros" has been pestering me for a trip to NPH since the New Year. I had a busy week and could not get the time to prep the "Spotted Fever" for a trip! So I called Eddie on short notice on Monday at noon and told him I was on my way for a foot trip and was stopping by to pick up the Shore Master! It was our first trip together on foot.

We arrived about 1500 and suited up! Yes "Suited Up" I brought the waders after seeing his past few posts and wanted to use it to my advantage to fish structure that is not accessible from the shore.

Eddie chose a spot on the Peninsula and I was first to hit the water. Missed a good hit on the first cast. Eddie then came right up with his newest secret rigging weapon and pulled in a Tourney fish within a few casts at the same spot. The fish took him into a snag in the open water and he patiently worked it out for a nice start.

He quickly flipped to a dock piling and was on #2.

I was already being put to the coals so I decided to get aggressive and move right in and cast right into his spots to distract him and the tactic worked!

I pulled my first fish although it would have taken a limit of these guys to measure up to his first fish.

Followed by another a little bigger.

Then Eddie got a little guy!

I quickly followed with a nice kicker! Eddie has the pic!

We worked our way down to a spot and Eddie mentioned he wanted a Flattie!
    We worked the area for a while and I noticed the sun was setting and really wanted to work the area we just worked on the way back to our starting spot. I went back around the corner to work it again.
    I guess he did not hear me tell him I was going back up stream as it was the last I saw of him for about an hour! He looked around the corner and did not see me on the bite and took the streets back to the truck, looked around again and left a note on the truck as to his new location.

I managed 5 smaller spotties and a 16" Flattie on my return trip.
    My last 2 pics before the camera battery took a dump.

Eddie had worked his way to the north of the truck and in a few minutes that he had to fish before I called to find out where he was managed 2 very nice Spotties! He has the pics!
    We met at the truck and made a move to a spot in the Back Bay for another 1/2 hour session at a spot that we found on our last boating trip and I wanted to try on foot.

Eddie of course pulled out another nice Quality Spottie at that location! We then called it a night!

NPH did not dissapoint once again!

Thanks Eddie forthe lessons from the shore and also on your ever changing tactics to get them!

Steve

Nice work Gents!

Very injoyable post with great pictuers thanks.

Yeah, great pictures.. Inspiring, for sure!

I'm pretty ready to give NPH a try. Sadly it's going to rain tonight, supposedly.

Hopefully friday i'll be able to head out.

nice job man....great report and pics!!!

one day, when i can get my license...ima start hitting NPH again.....

GD

Not Spottie King Steve... Spottie Kings! You & Eddie got the Spottie ground assault down to a science. Nice job gentlemen!

great job on the spots!!! cant wait to get out there later this week

Man!! All that spottie action makes me was to take a drive across town!
    Great work out there guys!

The epidemic is back, Spotted Fever, yeah!!!!
    Congrats on the outing Gents! .

NG

Too bad it rained today, I was going to head out to the surf around Huntington and try some things out.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast