Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 40lb plus Duct Striper, Central Cali.

Quote Originally Posted by yolo View Post
    Nice freakin duct striper! Man that's a good haul right there. Are you guys able to drive right up to the ducts edge up north? I see the truck is parked pretty much water's edge.
    Gates are usually locked, that's when the 4x4 gets put in action and imaginary roads are formed. But yeah, you'll be able to get to most locations and fish right up to the duct, just be sure to drive 4x4 for insurance purposes. Look at the picture with the fish, the car in the background is a 4 runner with all-terrain tires.

It's a big arse trespassing fine to be parked inside the fence down here. I have heard that CHP will do a run from Edmonston pumping plant to Kettleman City ever so often driving the duct access road the whole way. Just be careful.

It's a big arse trespassing fine to be parked inside the fence down here. I have heard that CHP will do a run from Edmonston pumping plant to Kettleman City ever so often driving the duct access road the whole way. Just be careful.
    We've ran into chp a few times and there's been times where they'll just wave at us and there were times when they would tell us that we can't park our vehicles on aquaduct roads. Recently I spoke with one of the guys who work for the state and he patrols the duct locking and unlocking gates and he told me that he personally knew acouple of CHP's and they were generous to people fishing in the duct, most would just leave you alone. The guy who worked for the state talked to me for about 30 mins as I was casting, very cool fella. Anyways, if the gates are locked, CHP doesn't have the key to unlock it, so they would not take their patrol car in the mud and dirt just to see who is parked on the duct.

Way to go, awesome catch...

Quote Originally Posted by fishsniffin View Post
    Gates are usually locked, that's when the 4x4 gets put in action and imaginary roads are formed. But yeah, you'll be able to get to most locations and fish right up to the duct, just be sure to drive 4x4 for insurance purposes. Look at the picture with the fish, the car in the background is a 4 runner with all-terrain tires.
    Yeah but it's missing the trailer to take home the trophy fish ... nice catch!

Quote Originally Posted by fleaflicker View Post
    Now That is a fish to brag about!!! Very nice!!!

Not the kind that, SOMEONE WHO TROLLS ALL THE TIME AND TYPES LIKE THIS AND BRAGS ABOUT KILLING ALL OF THEM!!!

Way to go on the very nice striped bass caught while casting a lure.
    so your off the meds again.

Quote Originally Posted by fishsniffin View Post
    We've ran into chp a few times and there's been times where they'll just wave at us and there were times when they would tell us that we can't park our vehicles on aquaduct roads. Recently I spoke with one of the guys who work for the state and he patrols the duct locking and unlocking gates and he told me that he personally knew acouple of CHP's and they were generous to people fishing in the duct, most would just leave you alone. The guy who worked for the state talked to me for about 30 mins as I was casting, very cool fella. Anyways, if the gates are locked, CHP doesn't have the key to unlock it, so they would not take their patrol car in the mud and dirt just to see who is parked on the duct.
    Alright. I guess it depends who you come across. The guy I talked to said the CHP picks up a key at Edmonston and spends the day going up to KC and back.

cutbait Guest

Alright. I guess it depends who you come across. The guy I talked to said the CHP picks up a key at Edmonston and spends the day going up to KC and back.
    Yolo, Its fine up in the Fresno Area and north. Some of the gates don't even have fencing.

Your allowed to pull right up to the waters edge and even the checkgate.

The main thing is don't park on the duct road. Cause when you do that, it blocks any car from going through. As long as you park to the side and leave a clear path for cars to pass, you're in the clear. That was my understanding from that part of the duct.

I've had my eye on the BBZ shad for a bit now, it swims so nice...Bueno on the pig there.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast