Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nph 1/10/09

Default Nph 1/10/09

Made some unplanned plans to meet up with Jason and Tess at NPH Sunday afternoon, and John had perfect timing when he sent me a text asking when I was going to NPH again. So the plan was to all meet up around 1530.

I was fiest to arrive at 1530 on schedule, John hit some traffic and Jason and Tess were running a little late so I decided to launch the first wave of the attack while I was waiting. I decided to try a new technique for the harbor that I have never tried there.

A few cast into it I got this guy.

Got another shortly after that I did not take a pic of.

Made a very short move and hooked into this Tournament grade Spottie, be a decent fish in the summer. Came in at 14 inches.

John arrived and we still waiting for Tess and Jason so we fished the same area.

"Berkley, Catch More Fish"......I am sporting one my my Christmas presents.

Jason and Tess arrived and we started hammering the spots.

John got this nice one.

And then I kept at it.

John got another.

Jason and Tess have more pics, and not all fish caught were photographed.

There were some quality fish caught, I think the count was something like this.

John 4 Spots
    Tess 4-5 Spots
    Jason 1 Spot (No skunk)
    Eddie 9-10 Spots

It was great fishing with all of you, as usual. I hope your feeling better John!

Till next time!
    Late
    Eddie

Eddie is just being modest... he was hammering them spotties all night!! By the time we got there he'd already caught 4 and he was consistently catching em up until the last fish of the night. Awesome job, way to work that new technique!

It was great to finally meet you, John, hope we can all get together again sometime soon. I'm thinking of getting some waders of my own to get into all those great spots.

Here are the pics from our camera. Enjoy!

Eddie's action shot. Here fishy, fishy...

My 1st fish

My biggest fish of the night

Eddie's smallest fish of the night?

Jason's skunkbuster

Last fish of the night

Nice job, everyone... till next time!

those are some nice sized spotties,thanks for the report.

Nice report and pics...both of you!! lol..thanks!

GD

Nice work from the shore out there in NPH! Always fun when the spotties are biting.. Thanks for the pics and the report!

LOL I love the sweater grip on the lips ... those suckers can get you good sometimes ... all in all way to go out there all ... need to hit that up after work one of these days soon since I am so close.

sweet pics and very nice spotties. would you mind sharing what you used for bait and "a new technique for the harbor" you used. thanks again for posting the report

This is my favorite pic. Everytime time I looked the other way, you were always hooking up. 9-10 Spotties!? I agree with Tess I think your just being modest. LOL Awesome job out there man.

BTW I had just fished that spot too!

John, it was good meeting you and I'm glad we all got to fish together. We should all do it again sometime and hopefully everyone will catch their fair share of spotties instead of Eddie poaching them all.

I wish I could have done better, but I'm just glad I got the off. I learned something new that night.
    Last edited by Jaysuuun; 01-11-2010 at 06:23 PM.

WoW great job out there, those are some nice spotties, thanks for sharing.

oh no, you revealed the secret spot. quick, edit the background before anyone else sees this.

looks like you guys had fun out there..thanks for the pics
    congratz on the new technique. looks like you've been doing it for years

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast