Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Trout Trolling @ Lake Hemet 1/10/09

Default Trout Trolling @ Lake Hemet 1/10/09

When back up to lake Hemet on Sun to try again and took the leadcore. But the fish that are suspended are not interested in biting right now that is for sure. So I scratched out a limit again up on top. I threw the tackle box at them and the only thing that worked was the happy troller and a half a night crawler. I was probably trolling at .5 miles an hour. Anyway here is some scenery pics, they are with my cell phone and when you try and zoom the pics look like crap... enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by pwynn View Post
    When back up to lake Hemet on Sun to try again and took the leadcore. But the fish that are suspended are not interested in biting right now that is for sure. So I scratched out a limit again up on top. I threw the tackle box at them and the only thing that worked was the happy troller and a half a night crawler. I was probably trolling at .5 miles an hour. Anyway here is some scenery pics, they are with my cell phone and when you try and zoom the pics look like crap... enjoy

Pete,
    Glad you scratch out a few on the troll, more than i can say at DV yesterday. PICS ARE PICS! Here is my sorry arse excuse not to catch a single bow on the troll or anything of that matter: 1 Water was like pea soup, did not want to give in a nd park my boat on top of the shore folk and scratch out a stocker-like some boats were doin. Did manage to get some hits @ 25' on 1/2 NC slowly crawling--- Hope to see you at dv sometime

A scratch limit is way better than a skunk! Thanks for the post.

Was up there myself shore fishing on the wilderness side, the weather was amazing. I C & R three small trout on nightcrawlers too, nothing else was working.I saw a nice fishing boat out there trolling, probably you. No skunk and a beautiful day, can`t ask for more than that.

Bill

great pics pete , with the coyote working the shoreline and eagle in the pines . water is pretty cold up there , thanks for sharing.

Great report, thanks for the nice pics! I gotta head up there again when it warms up a little, Hemet is my fav trolling lake south of the Sierras!