Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: lagoon lake snapping turtle

Quote Originally Posted by BIG*GAME*HUNTER View Post
    ... or do so turtle trafficing I heard it's big at legg lake...
    Turtle trafficking?

Is that when u place a turtle on the west side of Rosemead Bl and watch it try to avoid traffic as it makes it way across all 8 lanes in order to get back to the lake?

Kinda like Frogger, but with slower action.

That thing is bada$$ i would ether return it back to the lake or make a big custom pond outside for him when he gets big you can walk him take him fishing with you and feed him carp. They will prob kill him if you hand it over to someone.

Bigred

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED KILLA View Post
    That thing is bada$$ i would ether return it back to the lake or make a big custom pond outside for him when he gets big you can walk him take him fishing with you and feed him carp. They will prob kill him if you hand it over to someone.

Bigred
    i deffinitly dont want them to kill it

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Put him back into his home! Why would you remove him?... especially when you don't plan on keeping it? It may not even be a snapper. There are several water turtles that look like Snapping Turtles, but do not get very big. A Snapping Turtle or two will not hurt the fishing at all. Not cool bro to remove an animal from it's habitat. True, it probably was put there illegally by a pet owner, but hey, it just makes for a more interesting lake. Put him back.
    Why didnt they put reggie the gator back in his home?????

DO NOT RETURN IT!! It is a non-native species.

The Common Snapping Turtle (Chelydra serpentina) is a large freshwater turtle of the family Chelydridae. Its natural range extends from southeastern Canada south, west to the Rocky Mountains throughout Mexico, and as far south as Ecuador.
    Contact these folks

http://www.tortoise.org/cttc/adoption.html

and they can probably find it a safe, and legal, home.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Dog View Post
    DO NOT RETURN IT!! It is a non-native species.

Contact these folks

http://www.tortoise.org/cttc/adoption.html

and they can probably find it a safe, and legal, home.
    bravo a clear head

[QUOTE=Fish Dog;422159]DO NOT RETURN IT!! It is a non-native species.

So is the Largemouth Bass.

Range

The largemouth bass is native only to North America, and its original range was generally the eastern half of the United States and southern Ontario and Quebec in Canada. The native range extended south from Iowa to Texas and northeastern Mexico, and east to the South Atlantic coast and western New York and Pennsylvania. Due to extensive stocking and the largemouth’s adaptable nature, it is now abundant throughout the Appalachian and Ozark Ranges, most of the northeastern U.S. from Maryland to Maine, and easternmost Canada.

Since the late 1800s, its range has been expanded to include major or minor portions of every state in the U.S. except Alaska, and most of the southern fringes of Canada, as well as several regions in Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, Central America, and the Caribbean.

http://grandfishingreport.com/pgs/la...largemouth.htm

-See the problem with this turtle situation and all NON-NATIVE species is that we tend to favor and defend some while slandering and eradicating other NON-NATIVES. I mean have any of you FNNers ever see how explosive a Snakehead can be? My 2cents.

-IF2L
    Last edited by Ifishtoolittle; 01-11-2010 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Turtle trafficking?

Is that when u place a turtle on the west side of Rosemead Bl and watch it try to avoid traffic as it makes it way across all 8 lanes in order to get back to the lake?

Kinda like Frogger, but with slower action.

Hahahahaha good one shadow..

Btw: keep it bassaholic..train it to pick up arch rivals senkos and other lures so they think they have a bite...

What would shredder do? Maybe make some turtle soup...
    But to be serious bro, I would through it back in the lake so he can tell his other turtle buddies not to sun bathe no more cause some dude is abducting turtles and tortureing them by locking them in a airtight cooler and networking with his friends about your turtle demise, on the second hand throw that sucker away or do so turtle trafficing I heard it's big. At legg lake....lol.. j/k..maybe not..
    LMAOx1,000,000,000 ..ITS TRUE hahahahahaha turtle trafficing hahahahahah

Hahahahaha good one shadow..

Btw: keep it bassaholic..train it to pick up arch rivals senkos and other lures so they think they have a bite...
    I think im gonna train him to retrive my gear that breaks off on structure lol and have him heard all the fish into a small circle for me to cast into

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast