Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lagoon lake snapping turtle

Default lagoon lake snapping turtle

So i know they drained the lake when they where remodeling it and found a huge snapping turtle. so today i went to the lake for a run with my dog and i always walk the last lap and i saw a snapping turtle and i decided to catch him, he is in a cooler right now in my room anyone know what to do with him or who to contact about this matter.

sweet, any pics?

Put him back into his home! Why would you remove him?... especially when you don't plan on keeping it? It may not even be a snapper. There are several water turtles that look like Snapping Turtles, but do not get very big. A Snapping Turtle or two will not hurt the fishing at all. Not cool bro to remove an animal from it's habitat. True, it probably was put there illegally by a pet owner, but hey, it just makes for a more interesting lake. Put him back.

Bring him to Imperial Fish in Brea. 704 E. Imperial Hwy. I'm sure they'll take him off your hands. I would assume that Turtles can eat Bass Fry so why take that chance... JMO -Rich

You think snapping turtles can take care of an invasive cormorant population?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    You think snapping turtles can take care of an invasive cormorant population?
    Hahahaha this **** made me laugh

As for the turtle, start looking up some rescues or call a vet and see where you can drop the turtle off. You don't want to be caught with it since its illegal to have in california and you can't set it free cause that's illegal too

i highly doubt it was a snapping turtle. probly just a slider. theres dozens in that lake. i was there today also. i talked to a dfg guy at tri- city a few months ago and he told me that if i cought a carp or a turtle to throw it in the trash can. i guess turtles get out control easy.

8. Default

So it's legal to waste those species?

i dont know but thats what i was told. by both DFG and the guy who manages the water at tri- city.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    i talked to a dfg guy at tri- city a few months ago and he told me that if i cought a carp or a turtle to throw it in the trash can.
    Was he a warden or a dfg biologist?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast