Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another Black Sea Bass Pier Murder !

There's a reason I stopped pier fishing the really big and well known piers regularly and took up surf fishing (except on rare occasions when I needed macs or sardines). Some piers everybody knows what's up and follows regs and those I will still fish, but others are just filled with people who I would never want to associate the word fisherman with. Really sad that that happened, and I hope the people responsible are caught.

where are the life guards? dont they know about BSB?

Quote Originally Posted by fishraider View Post
    why doesnt someone sumit the video too fish and game? the guys face is on the picture and im sure he fishes there or someone might spot him out someday and might turn him in!!!
    I sent a letter with video links.

This is the pier gaffing video. At 8 min the dad on the boat sinks the second gaff into it (assisting in the crime)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzyQm...eature=channel

Any Youtube members you can PM the guy that put up the video if you click on the user name. There is multiple videos and one of them may have his name or address.
    DR

Quote Originally Posted by fishincrave View Post
    This is a very sad seen to all of us fisherman and non fisherman ,
    another log on the burning fire for MLPA.
    I just want to ad that this video looks kinda old like summer or early fall,
    correct me if i'm wrong cause all the people have shorts and swim suits, and the guy who went in the water didn't look like was cold at all.
    Hope some one got that guys mug to the authorities .

Sean
    The videos are done by a couple different people.
    One put up the video on Jan 3, one Jan 10

That saturday was a hot day and it is not uncommen to see people dressed like that on a warm saturday.

I am pretty sure it was shot Jan 2

MLPA is pretty much done at this point and I don't see how exposing a pier poacher will have any effect in MLPA at this point.

At the MLPA Long Beach meeting in Nov some dumbass lady and her group interviewed like 1500 pier fisherman who said someting like 85% of pier fishermen support map 3 (larger closed areas)

I almost puked. Do you think they even followed the process?
    'Larger closure areas means more fish for the pier crowd.'

WHAT A JOKE

Most of these pier guys don't buy licenses, don't know the rules, and poach alot. Not being raceist (married to a Latina, 1/2 breed kids, lived in S America, speak spanish) but it is very clear that many pier guys don't speak english, and I would bet many entered the USA illegally.

It is also very clear that DFG doesn't target the pier crowd. Why Not ?
    Do they not show up to pay fines ?
    Redondo Pier has Lobster snaggers. I've seen them snagging and called DFG but they never showed

Is Redondo Pier too much of a walk for DFG ?
    Why don't they write tickets at the Queen Mary Public Fishing Area ?
    Sat, Sun has 100 fishermen with good weather. Short bass in buckets, baby WSB, almost no fishing licenses, and NO DFG.

They need to fire half the agents and shake up that department.
    Ohh I forgot they have union protection witch allows them to sit in OUR trucks we pay for and eat donuts.
    DR

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    I sent a letter with video links.

Any Youtube members you can PM the guy that put up the video if you click on the user name. There is multiple videos and one of them may have his name or address.
    DR
    There's no point in PMing the guy and/or getting his name and address. He's just putting up some vids he shot. Maybe with the vids it will help DFG pursue the angler, assistants, and/or boater. IMHO, eventhough the bsb was release, it should be considered taking a protected specie and waste of fish with that amount of time. Sad, just sad.......

OC Register story followed by comments how it was released and found dead in the surf. One reply says DFG showed up and didn't do squat. WTF

DFG needs a major overhaul, I can't believe it. Who trains these guys ?
    What a joke.

http://sciencedude.freedomblogging.c...rt-surf/77201/

Another video of the BSB after it was hooked and the boater sinking the first gaff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5-BCBlyjt8

Department of
    Failing
    Gassbags

DR

.....the pain.......im disgusted......WTF....

I share your guys' pain. It's very unfortunate, but sadly I bet 9/10 people there had no idea it was illegal in any way.. Not many people read up on whats legal, and whats not.. I've seen this kinda thing all over... From small park lakes (people keeping large mouths) to the ocean. It really breaks my heart to see a fish like that go down. New evidence shows that Giant Sea Bass can be mature when only about 40lbs, so hopefully that fish has some babies swimming around somewhere, said new evidence points out that fish was probably 10+ years old.

I like this info: http://www.pier.org/CA_coastal_gs_ba...logical2.shtml

Sadly, I could see that in depth info assisting another jackass catch and keep one of these beauties.

I finally watched those videos....absolutley disgusted.....

GD

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    I finally watched those videos....absolutley disgusted.....

GD
    As soon as I saw that big beauty floating in and that guy start swimming towards it, I had to shut it off.

Way worse than any slasher flick =/

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast