Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Black Sea Bass Pier Murder !

Default Another Black Sea Bass Pier Murder !

2010 Video with up to 100 witnesses as it gasps for it's last's breath.

Balboa POACHING Pier, Newport Beach California.

Remember folks if you see POACHING like this in video call Local Police to hold the Poacher till DFG shows.

UPDATED LINKS MUST SEE VIDEO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzw5LDkewqk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOGHo...layer_embedded

The second video has a close up as it dies.

Thaks fish4keep for the video, public awareness is important.

Pissed Off, DR
    Last edited by DockRat; 01-10-2010 at 06:14 PM. Reason: x

Wow..that sad to hear.

the videos arent loading btw

if you were to hook a bsb from a pier, what would be the best way to get a release?

sometimes guys spend 30minute+ just to revieve them. That isnt possible from a peir.

could you walk the fish to shore and have someone go to the sand and revive them in the waves?

im just curious,
    Sam

the video links are dead, is the same video that is making the rounds on the fishing boards?

I don't fish the piers (beside for bait), but if I hooked into something that big and know for certain it's a bsb, I'll just button down my drag and hope it breaks close to the knot. I think that would give the beast a better chance than to gaff it, bring it ashore, and then after several pics release it......

Edit...
    The link on the other post works....
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...t=41885&page=3
    Last edited by fish4keep; 01-10-2010 at 02:44 PM.

sad sight there

I can't believe that. That entire crowd and not one of them knew the crime they were commiting? Not one lifegaurd or policemen nearby saw any of that commotion? WTH!?! I get harassed by game wardens at the Bolsa Chica Jetty for fishing too close to the bridge but they can't arrest the a**hole that murdered a BSB on the beach in front of probably 100 people? What is wrong with the world? Second of all I didn't know public boaters could even be that close to the beach. Isn't that illegal? No law enforcement saw that either? Geez.
    Last edited by TShaffer; 01-10-2010 at 04:22 PM.

and thats why licenses should be required on piers and jetties.

Default 130+ year old fish dead

I wish i was on seen i called the DFG on someone like that a long time ago on a mini BSB that was dead in a fisherman's bucket DFG actually came. This is sad to see i know BSB numbers are coming way up from the past but it seems like a lot of people right now do not know about there protection and the laws about them or how to handle them in that matter.

Bigred

Updated Link.

Looks like the guy used a pier gaff then tossed the rope to a private boater who towed the BSB towards the surf and passed the rope to the fisherman who swam out. Then the guy drags it up on the beach in front of the crowd.
    For you guys who didn't see the video.

What is the estimated weight ? 100 lbs ?
    DR

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast