Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What happen to timster??????

Default What happen to timster??????

First off i wanna start off saying i love the lake and the staff but it seems like theres always something changing overthere and its usually a stupid decision if you ask me, now i find out that timster can no longer volunteer at the lake anymore except on big events what kind of crap is that? who in there right mind turns down free help especially when its helping another well loved vine guy mitz parking cars in the lot and what not. it just makes no sense. Tim is the kinda dude that if someone on the lake was having a bad day fishing he'd go over and see what they were possibly doing wrong and set them up correctly, give tips, net fish etc etc and not to mention just a good friend to everybody. Why would you get rid of someone like that. Now im not gonna say any names but i truely believe that a certain somebody felt threatend that there was a new trout guru around and had to put a stop to it but thats just me. Anyways if anyone feels timster got done wrong post up or post your experience with tim . Im done with my rant now.

2quik, I just saw your post and can not imagine anyone giving up volunteer help in this day and age, that really saddens me. I have not known timster for a long time but have always seen him at the lake parking cars in the cold, rain or sun, as well as seen him many times out on the lake trying to help others to catch a few fish or a limit(always willing to help with whatever the need was). I remember pulling into the lake at around 2:30 am 1 time and started to rigg my lines and t
    Tim coming up to me and asking me how I have been doing fishing and replied kind of slow so he looked at my riggs and we started changing some things as well as he gave me pointers over the next hour or better in between parking cars. Many people have asked me for awhile now if I have ever fished with t
    Tim and I had always responded with not yet. Just recently I was honered to fish with him and I am here to tell you I now know why everyone loves this guy so much he is Genuinly concerned about everyone around him catching fish and having a good time.

I know of some people that were going to fish somewhere else last week but came to the vine and spent there $22.00 just to see and fish with there good friend Tim.

I really hope that the vine will reconcider and bring my friend back if they could even get him to come back, some times wounds take along time to heal and I am sure my friend is wounded at this point he relly loves the Vine and the people. Tim if you read this I hope that someday I will get a chance to fish with You again, I know it probably won't be the same going to the Vine knowing that you won't be there when we come rolling in to sleep in our cars. I wish you the best My Friend.

Sorry this is so Long this is a tough one to swallow.

Timster=theawesome

Wow, Thats really sad to hear. Timster donated his time at the lake and this is the thanks he gets. Its just WRONG.

While were talking about being wronged , I am no longer welcome to fish at Irvine Lake because I said the fish at Irvine lake were small this year on Vinelines thread back in Dec. . It was the thread about the TV give away that got locked . I personally think its worng to be banned from the lake for speaking my mind on FNN. It was not my intention to cause harm to the lakes business. I simple was stating what I thought of the fish. Now , after the thread the fish got better from hearing from anglers . The lake got bigger fish and made everyone happy.

I might add , When I go fishing at Irvine Lake I spend between $ 60.00 & $ 80.00 each visit. Thats average . I sometimes spend more . Entry pass, tackle. breakfast, lunch, and beverage. I also bring friends with me to fish . They spend money also.

You might reconsider not allowing me to fish at Irvine Lake Vineline . I have many friends who love to fish. If I am not bringing my self and my friends to fish at Irvine Lake then thats money going somewhere else. Just a thought .
    Last edited by Troutman65; 01-07-2010 at 12:14 PM.

I think this one Thread will go on for a long time. Timster was liked by a whole lot of people. I'm one of them. I just couldn't believe what I just read... He has always been kind to me. He has given me tips on how to catch fish. He does this with everyone he's encountered. Has anyone heard of "Timster's Special" I have... He has skills and have past those skills onto other Angelers. That is so sad to hear this news. I hope Irvine Lake will reconcider their decision. Cindy

Timster never showed me any tips as i have never fished by the man. But more importantly to me, he showed me friendship. Always went out of his way to greet and shake my hand as well as my old mans.

3 reasons why we chose the vine over other lakes. Timster, Patrick & Jimmy.

And thats the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Awwww, that sucks. Timster's always willing to give a helping hand.

I think this is all leading up to "2012"!!!
    Good guy,always there to answer any question and give a hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Timster never showed me any tips as i have never fished by the man. But more importantly to me, he showed me friendship. Always went out of his way to greet and shake my hand as well as my old mans.

3 reasons why we chose the vine over other lakes. Timster, Patrick & Jimmy.

And thats the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
    Two down... Cindy

Turning down a volunteer in this economy? Really?

If it is true that he is not going to be able to volunteer at the lake anymore, I am very sorry to hear it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast