Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Cachuma 12/30

Default Cachuma 12/30

Cold front and rain today at Cachuma. Not many boats out, I think I may be crazy. Hit some rocky points w/out luck. Ended up fishing the trusty worm later in the day and hooked up with two largemouth. Tried out a jerkbait in some calm water and hooked up as well, but it came off. Then found a nice small mouth area and hooked a pig, broke off at the boat in mid-air. Must have been 3lbs. Broke off two more shortly after right at hook-up. Tough day, but gutted it out and had fun, regardless. Water temp was 51 degrees and super low, probably 20' low.

Good job toughing out the weather. Props 2 u! Nice that you got a pig smallie-They fight like hell huh?

I'll b hitting up the lake manana, so we'll see what happens.

GM<><

If and when we ever get our El Nino rain to come here, and the river starts to flow into the lake, the fish will turn on. It's been the slowest winter for fishin that I can recall, going back 30 years.

Thanks for the report. I've been wondering how that lake has been doing.

51 degrees, that's COLD!!!

Can't wait till spring!