Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Bako Duct 12/29

Default Bako Duct 12/29

HP Jr. and I decided to hit the duct last night since I had to take the kids back to their Mom's today. One last Father/Son trip before he comes back in a few weeks. :( 1st spot on the backside of the gates, my 3rd cast, whamo! Fish on!! So, I tell HP Jr. to try the backside. As I'm sitting behind him watching, no, not whamo, but bam!!!! We hear the gate motors kick in. Loud as can be. So loud it gave us a good scare. We had a good laugh and decided to head to the 2nd spot. Unfortunately, no luck there! Gates were open, but not a lot. We then decide to head to the 3rd spot with no love. We were ready to head home, but HP Jr. wanted a fish bad so we headed to one last spot. Flow was good, so I let HP jr. fish the heck out of it. He gets struck but fails to hook him. After that he tried and tried but just couldn't find a jailbird. Man, I wish he would have hooked mine, cause I know he wanted to hook one bad. Hopefully, the next trip he'll hook 1,2,3, or more! Conditions were tough but we managed one. He was still happy that one of us landed one. 3.14 lbs on my new digital scale. (Xmas Present) Later dudes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0684.JPG1.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	16989  

Nice fish! I'm gonna need to start going duct. Nice truck btw,,,

In short,,,I went fishing with my son someplace in the duct with some tackle. I caught one he did not.

cutbait Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mamachipy View Post
    In short,,,I went fishing with my son someplace in the duct with some tackle. I caught one he did not.
    Yeah, and don't look at the plates.

Dude, at least lie and say you caught it at the Golf course on "cut" bait.... Like the rest of us!

Nice! I'm still trying to catch a duct striper. I have a couple questions. What were you using for lures and what time of day did you catch the fish?
    Oh and also, did you forget to register your truck? Be careful. You know those CHP's might get you!.................... Just kidding. Hope its a safe and quiet NEW YEARS for you guys!
    Last edited by M@M; 12-31-2009 at 07:03 PM.