Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Chance in "09"

Default Last Chance in "09"

Slept in this morning and them decided to take a short 30 mile drive to see if I could maybe slip in one last trip into the surf to satisfy my new addition! Thanks Wingnut and Bones!

I had hoped that things had laid down a little but was greeted with conditions that were predicted. Not to be so I was on the road again to look for a spot to at least get in some last action. My journey kept taking me farther south until I arrived at NPH. I had not fished the harbor on foot for over a year. Now I had to decide as to where things might be productive on a negative low tide.

Decision was made and although they are not my PB Spotties, I will always enjoy their feisty fight even from the small thumb suckers! Thankfully I brought along some smaller gear to enhance the fun!

Set up the DS rig with 3"" Gulp Shad and began to work the docks that were resting on the sand in the low tide! Worked it for about an hour before the shade settled on the water and then things picked up!

I then came upon Calico Killer Kev and friends.
    We chatted for a few and gave them some Intel and they switched it up to the DS for some success as we went in opposite direction in the mud!
    A few more before it got dark!

A couple of juvie round stingrays playing in the shallows!

So I managed to make a day of it before the New Years Bell rang. I will never tire of catching my favorite Spotties!!!!!

Happy New Year All!!!!

Steve

Steve,

looks like you made the day quite productive.

Time to get on the water and fish together after the first.

Capt'n

Congratulations on your good spot bite, it payed off you not giving up.

Nice solo mission Steve... the Spotties will rarely let you down.
    Hopefully, the swells will lay down for our first mission in the New Year.
    Have a great New Year my friend.

Good job getting your spotties Steve. I have never fished N.B. on foot, even when I lived in H.B. I will get out there this coming year though..
    It's funny looking at those rays, kinda looks like Sea World and you could just reach out and pet them..
    Thanks for the report and pics. I hope you have a Safe & Happy New Years and look forward to fishing with you in the near future..
    Robert

Thats some good spottie action, its always fun when you bring the light gear it makes alot more exciting.

Very nice Steve! I love those spotties. Im going somewhere tomorrow to get my last day of the year in, just not sure where.

Nice Spotties had 2 really nice looking ones! awsome job, I gotta catch 1 for my list of first's, along with Hali and maybe some other kool species I have seen yu guys pull up ^^ so Harbor's=Spotties eh? sweet awsome solo work man...

Nice job out there Steve thanks for the pics and report looks like a nice wrap up for 09.

Happy New year and hope you have a great 2010, See you soon.

Bigred

your dead on when you say those lil guys fight good ,i like to use 6lb test.and they shred your thumb up pretty good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast