Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turners Californian Rods

I have two Californian salt rods .
    1 is ca-270 12-30 and
    1 is cabb70c 15-40
    used them for 8 years now and they still look and perform like new i paid 59.99 for them 8 years ago .
    yeah i think there pretty good .
    I just wish i can use them more often LOL

Sean

I purchase a Turner's Californian IM7 about a week ago. The first time I used it the tip broke off while fishing. I took it back to the store in Orange, CA and the store manager told me that the warranty policy is only 1/2 off replacing it. I told him that I have been a long time Turners customer. I have purchased four hand guns there. Fishing is a relatively new hobby for me and I am sure that I will be getting a lot more gear. The manager just shrugged and said store policy is store policy. I told him that I would expect this at Walmart but not here and that Turners has lost forever a good customer. I do not recommend these rods. Mine was probably just defective but the warranty is crap.

like i stated on a differant thread .i got rid of a crucial drop shot 7ft2" exspensive, and very dissapointing investment.i had a cheaper claris 7ft.that was better, and gave it to my son thinking the crucial was better.so i sold it for $85 ,after 2 replacements after breaking.i bought a california rod on sale.it was a 7ft 6" 2lb to 6lb ,which made me concerned ,due to the rating ,and would be my bass drop shot rod ,which is my favorite bass fishing method.with the life time gaurentee,i figured id give it a try.it turned out to be the most sensitive, and longest casting rod ive ever owned.as far as the lighter line rating ,ive caught several bass over 5lbs with no problem..as far as the policys at turners ,they are the worst.they will try to get out of honoring ,any type of warrentys .they tried that crap when my crucials broke ,but i was persistent with them, until they replaced them on site..its not the store managment .its the upper management that sets policys.thats why turners has lost there past #1 fishing retail places to shop.

Do they make any Californian rods that don't feel like you're using a wet noodle? I picked one up the other day, shook it, and the thing is probably still wobbling on the rod rack.

I can see using them for bait and waiting, but if you need to set the hook and your rod is bending at the reel seat, I don't know how you can get much penetration with 'em.

shadow it depends. they have a cheaper line.there blue.when i checked mine out ,i could tell it was a fast action soft tip.with some back bone. the green ones, are there top of the line. there actually made for them by glomis or some other top brand.when i tapped it on the floor i could tell it was a senistive rod,and a 2 piece.all my fishing partners ,and my son cant believe how nice it is for the price.

FYI,

The IM8 Bass Rods went on sale today thru 26MAR for 49.99, picked up the 7' Med 1-piece w/ 10 guides spinning.

Thank for the heads up.... Last weekend I purchased a 6'6" calfornia for drop shoting.. I have to say I am very pleased with the rod
    Quote Originally Posted by GdHkSet1 View Post
    FYI,

The IM8 Bass Rods went on sale today thru 26MAR for 49.99, picked up the 7' Med 1-piece w/ 10 guides spinning.

Could you please post which turners you went to, the stores near me don't have much in the ul rods. Thanx

i got mine at the one by you in chinohills.it was normallay $130.00 i got it for $106.00.its still the best casting ,and best feeling spinning dropshot rod, ive ever owned.i actully went back to buy anothor excact one on mon(the day after). i took it to the counter, and she charged me $130.00 + tax.i told her i wanted to talk to the manager .he said the sale ended the day before.i said ill buy it right now ,and said no way,the sale was over ,and they wont budge on the $130.00 price.there cusumor service, and fishing section has never been the same, since they moved from pomona.and ive never given them my buissness ever since ,after probubly 35yrs, as a loyal cusumor.the upper management needs to change there cusumor service policys. and stock like they use to...hope you can find the rod..they are nice....mike the pmb....
    Last edited by PUDD MASTER BAITER; 03-21-2011 at 06:29 PM.

I got my California trout rod at the store in San bernardino

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast