Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turners Californian Rods

Default Turners Californian Rods

Has anyone else purchased or used one of these, I picked one up today for $39.99. It seems like a pretty decent rod especially for the price. I got a 7 foot casting 8 to 15 lb. The guy said that the lighter rods went on the first day of the sale. So any thoughts on the Californian series? Oh, and it came with a free rod sock which was nice.

I was there yesterday and I didn't notice any sale..
    But I did head to Sports Chalet today and they have 15% off on the reels that don't end in .96, shimano, g-loomis or fly reels.

So I picked up a reel.....

Thanks for the info Pupfish..

I bought a CT66ULS-2 6'6" 2-6lb IM8.... sticker said $109.98 but got it for the sale price. I matched it to a Sedona 500FD. Now the mini jigs fly!!! compared to what I was using before. There were a few other nice sticks there also.

Quote Originally Posted by klocked View Post
    I bought a CT66ULS-2 6'6" 2-6lb IM8.... sticker said $109.98 but got it for the sale price. I matched it to a Sedona 500FD. Now the mini jigs fly!!! compared to what I was using before. There were a few other nice sticks there also.

That's a nice little set-up Klocked

I have one of the Turner's California series rods. 8ft heavy stick. Had it for over 7 years now. Works great, caught everything from bass to tuna on it.

I broke one a few years back when I closed my tailgate. I took it to Turners and they grabbed me a new one off the rack without even asking how it got broke.

Thanks AngryAgent, it's nice enough to do the job and inexpensive enough to where I wont stress out while my 10yr old puts it through "his" paces

got it some on saturday . bought a 7'6" 2-6 lb spinning and a 7' casting 8-15 lb both split grip. Cant beat the price of 39.99

Quote Originally Posted by klocked View Post

I checked out that rod , especially for the price but it felt too ridgid for trout. The guy who works there said it was more of a finesse bass rod. How has it worked out for you?

I REALLY want 2 of those 500 Sedonas!!!

GD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast