Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Closing Out The Duct Year Right

Default Closing Out The Duct Year Right

The year is almost up. I took a detour coming home from work and headed over the grapevine. Worked the other side of the hill for nothing. Water was flowing perfect there but after hitting a few spots and no action, I decide to come home to the duct I know and love. I'm hitting several spots on the way home working my way east and there is no flow at all in the AV. I am getting discouraged and at my last stop just minutes from home, I nail two within minutes. The flavor of the day was the bucktail with a small spinner blade and no trailer. I get hit on the bottom and hook it immediately. A pretty good fighter especially since there is no current. As I get him close, a relative is following it. I land it and get my lure out there asap. On the 5th cast, I am hooked up again. It must have been the relative that was following the other one? This one is fighting a little better and peeling a bit more drag. I land this one too and it seems slightly bigger than the first one but not as round. I keep tossing for a little while and nothing else.

The first one came in at a fat 27" and 9 lbs. The second one was 28" and just over 10lbs.

way to go yolo....you really do good @ the duct. I envy you! still a skunking up there LOL sooner or later I'll be just like you :) congrats!

MAN!! THAT'S FNN AWESOME!!! You guys must be catching them all before they can get to me! I just don't understand why no one catches those beast around here.I feel like I'm

NICE, NICE CATCH YOLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S I have a bucktail from BPS that is grey/white with a small silver spinner . They're nice. Unfortunately mines still a virgin. ha ha
    Last edited by M@M; 12-29-2009 at 05:50 PM.

They have to be in there. Oddly enough, I used the exact same bucktail today in the 1oz variety on these two.

Putting in the miles you are in the quest for the slay. Nice Palmdale Pigs you have there.

YOLO GOOD JOB WENT OUT W SKIPPERDICK AKA TODD last week i didnt get any but he managed one hit him up i would like to get out there and learn your ways

Frenchy, LOL. I was thinking about SkipperDick today. You guys were out at the duct fishing? He needs to call me cause I have good luck when we fish together.

Lipripper, I should have stayed closer to home. Then again, maybe the circumstances would have been different and I would not have been there at the right time? That's duct fishing.

Congrats Yolo,

You really are catching them on a regular basis.

fishinone, just lately. I have had my string of duct skunks too.