Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: phenix fx801-2

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    ive seen the rod in person. its rated 1-9lb and its pretty whippy. you can just about tie the tip in a knot.
    I've got one and mine really isn't that whippy. The one you saw may have been that way (I have no knowledge of the other models), but the one I have is defintely not a noodle like you describe. Fast action and a very good mini jig/dropshot rod for trout.

SOSO, a few guys I spoke with at LNL made that same comment. This rod is in no way an Ugly Stick. It's really light, has an incredibly thin blank, and is very sensitive.

how did you get one? lol a month ago Jeff only had like 2 wrapped.

I'm sponsored, so I got asked to try one of them out.

they tell me that only pro-staff members are part of phenix and that even they have to pay for the rods lol.

Like I said, I'm on the pro staff, and I'm trying the rod out... so I return it or buy it when they get released.

sweet. jeff was telling me that he went to the sierras for the opener and all kinds of peeps wanted one of the rods lol. well when they come out i would like to try it before i buy one so hopefully one of my buddys pics one up that i can try out.

Yeah, Jeff is an awesome guy and great to talk to. I can imagine the swarm in the Sierras lol.

If I see you at one of the local paylakes (at park lakes I'm swimbaiting), I'll let you try out the rod if you want. I'm definitely not a secretive or anti-social guy and like talking about different fishing techniques when I run into people. Always a good way to pick up info and meet new guys to fish with.

ditto bsp. i dont frequent the paylakes like i used to but if i go ill hit you up a few days before. i would just like to feel the sensitivity and action of the rod. Yeah Jeff is a riot. i just about lifted him off the ground with one of the salt water blanks. he told me that if it broke he would give me another rod so i had to try. really strong blanks!

Sounds good! It's crazy how much the rods can lift. I'll probably buy an 867ML for calicos and eventually a 909H for the surface iron once I save up more money.

WB, sorry for the partial thread jacking.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    Like I said, I'm on the pro staff, and I'm trying the rod out... so I return it or buy it when they get released.
    jump me into the phenix gang homie..lol...i want some new trout rods!!!

GD

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast