Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: phenix fx801-2

Default phenix fx801-2

Anyone have a phenix fx801-2 and if so. how due you like it?

Used the 801, own an 802. The 801 is a sweet mini jig rod (loads up with 1/32oz better), and the 802 is more of a dropshot or small jerkbait rod since it has a little more backbone. Both very good rods for their intended use.

i like the 802 better. the 801 feels a little soft too me

had a 901-2(9ft) custom wrapped last jan, just before the slab season. fished local lakes and down sd lakes with 1/32 jig head. and killed them. i was fish with rogue rx 905-2 before.but after fished phenix , now that rx 905-2 is my back up rod. phenix is out performance rogue for distance, action. even caught a 22" wiper at lake elsinore with it.
    i am 100% satisfy what i made.

i was going to custom wrapped all my rods the same color but they keep telling me that it changes the action. plus it feels heavier. ''did you have that problem''

Quote Originally Posted by gutierrez View Post
    i was going to custom wrapped all my rods the same color but they keep telling me that it changes the action. plus it feels heavier. ''did you have that problem''
    i don't know who are "they", all of my fresh or salt rods are custom wrapped with same color and i don't think rods will feel heavier or changes the action???? because custom wrapped. most custom wrappers did very good jobs. my wrapper is good friend of mine,back bone always on the money. guides are straight. finish are clean....... etc. and i
    did enjoy his workmanship and creation.
    if you need help pm me.will give you his #.

Quote Originally Posted by gutierrez View Post
    Color changes the actin and adds weight to a rod? I think you're getting your information from the wrong people.

its not the color but guide and wraping material. heavier guides and material will make the action slower, and lighter guides and wraping material will make it faster (I.E. stiffer)

i know color is not going to make a difference on the way the rod performs what they ''rod builders in ie area'' said is the amount of wax and the amount of wrapping material is not going to be the same as when they designed the rod. Come on calico killer kevin give me some credit i buy very expensive gear so i just want to make the right desicion. Thanks vanillagurilla for clearing that up. Formosa im geting a 7' fly sage rod blank and turning it into a trout rod for jigging. A guy in upland is going to do it and if he doesnt do a good job i will pm you.

thanks for the hijack.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast