Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Baitcasting Rod and Reel - $100

Default Best Baitcasting Rod and Reel - $100

What is the best baitcasting reel in the $100 range? I am probably going to go with a Citica or a Revo S. I'm also going to need a rod.

citica would be a good bet. ive heard great stuff about them. im a shimano guy over abu because of the customer service.

I assume you want an "all-around" reel? If you can salvage $30 more, the Fuego on TW is beckoning. Best reel for the price on the market as of now. Then, next year when they clearance the Sol, you can have your Fire & Sun one-two punch.

As for the rod, it's hard to beat the Abu Vendetta or the Daiwa Procyon.

Quote Originally Posted by samgann93 View Post
    citica would be a good bet. ive heard great stuff about them. im a shimano guy over abu because of the customer service.
    It think it is between the Fuego and the Citica right now. Forget about the Revo, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by calico killer kevin View Post
    I assume you want an "all-around" reel? If you can salvage $30 more, the Fuego on TW is beckoning. Best reel for the price on the market as of now. Then, next year when they clearance the Sol, you can have your Fire & Sun one-two punch.

As for the rod, it's hard to beat the Abu Vendetta or the Daiwa Procyon.
    It is between the Fuego and the Citica. I understand the Fuego is $250 normally, but this is the last year they are making it. The Vendetta is awesome, but a little pricey. The Procyon looks nice though and not too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    It think it is between the Fuego and the Citica right now. Forget about the Revo, lol.

It is between the Fuego and the Citica. I understand the Fuego is $250 normally, but this is the last year they are making it. The Vendetta is awesome, but a little pricey. The Procyon looks nice though and not too expensive.
    lol that abu vendetta is about half the price of each of my Carrot Stix! Thats a deal man,,, You'll need about $200 for a decent rod and reel setup...or you'll need to look for some used ones and get a better deal bro.

Quote Originally Posted by GeordyBass View Post
    lol that abu vendetta is about half the price of each of my Carrot Stix! Thats a deal man,,, You'll need about $200 for a decent rod and reel setup...or you'll need to look for some used ones and get a better deal bro.
    I'm just looking for a reel around $100 and then the rod is separate from that price.

I'm just looking for a reel around $100 and then the rod is separate from that price.
    you'll find a nice used Curado for a little less and you'll have a little more money to get a nice rod,,, check on ebay,,, you have the x-mas $40 dont ya? That'll get you a nice reel man,,,

you'll find a nice used Curado for a little less and you'll have a little more money to get a nice rod,,, check on ebay,,, you have the x-mas $40 dont ya? That'll get you a nice reel man,,,
    I got $40 cash and $25 eBay giftcard. Expecting $50 Sport Chalet Giftcard tomorrow and maybe more money. A Curado 200e?

I got $40 cash and $25 eBay giftcard. Expecting $50 Sport Chalet Giftcard tomorrow and maybe more money. A Curado 200e?
    lol thats what I'm talkin bout hahahahaha,,,
    That abu is a sick rod though! I'd get the 7'6" MH Fast taper,that is a sick rod, real fast tip and tons of power,,,

lol thats what I'm talkin bout hahahahaha,,,
    That abu is a sick rod though! I'd get the 7'6" MH Fast taper,that is a sick rod, real fast tip and tons of power,,,
    And that's all she wrote!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast